cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Troubleshooting Access Control / Lifecycle issues

akelly
11-Garnet

Troubleshooting Access Control / Lifecycle issues

Using Pro/Intralink 9.1. We've come across an issue where ONLY IN CERTAIN PRODUCTS users cannot Set State or Revise CAD Documents that are in the Released state.

The way we have Pro/Intralink set up:
* All Products use the same Lifecycle
* All Products use the same Team
* The Team Members are populated by Groups defined at the Site level

Based on this, every Product behaves exactly the same for the same people.

But we had an issue come up yesterday where a user couldn't do anything with a CAD Document (CAD Part) in Released state, but they should be able to create a New Revision or Set State.

I checked the Lifecycle and confirmed that the following Transitions exist from Released state:
* Revise to Rework
* Set State to Design
* Set State to Obsolete

I checked the Policy Administrator for that Product, and the report shows that for EPM Document type, Set State and Revise permissions are Granted for the Designers role at the Released state.

I checked the Products Team (View: All People) and confirmed that the user was listed under the correct Role.

Everything says that this user should be able to either Set State or Revise this CAD Document. This issue was confirmed by a second user (me) with this CAD Document.

I spot-checked 5 other Products and found 2 more where I am unable to Revise or Set State CAD Documents in the Released state. So the issue doesn't appear to be isolated to a single CAD Document or Product.

But I also found 3 Products where Revise and Set State of Released CAD Documents behaves correctly. So the issue isn't consistent across all Products.

At this point, I don't know what else to check, much less how to resolve this issue.

Andrew Kelly, P.E. | Senior Engineer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics | +1 440 326 5555 | F: +1 440 284 1090

1 REPLY 1
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:akelly)

A few things to try:
1. If you have iterated the lifecycle, examine the iteration of the lifecycle applied to the data that behaves differently. From the info below, this is the most likely cause.

2. For data with same LC iteration in multiple products, select Manage Security. Drill down to the key symbol and examine the exact permission statements that apply to that data. Compare for the products that behave differently.

3. If the permissions are different, examine whether the products that behave differently have the "Private" option checked. Also examine whether there are any different permission statements in the two products.

4. Examine the product teams (not team templates). For permissions to apply in each product, they need to be applied thru the context team membership.
Announcements

Top Tags