cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Unable to Checkin Workflow Template after November Patch Tuesday

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Unable to Checkin Workflow Template after November Patch Tuesday

I have been in Workflow Template Administrator today. I was able to edit a workflow template, save it, and close it. However, when I attempt to check it in, the browser just hangs (1st screenshot below).

IE9. Windchill 10.2 M020. Java 7-51.

I flipped over to Firefox and Chrome, and I was able to check in the workflow template. I uninstalled these MS updates (2nd screenshot) and then I was able to check in the workflow template with IE9 again.

I have a support case open for this. However, I was surprised that I haven't seen anything yet about this - ptcuser forums, communities.ptc.com, PTC CS documents, etc. If this issue is limited to IE9, are there just a very few people on IE9 still? Or maybe people are reporting it, but it hasn't been documented as a CS article yet? Is this issue reproducible on other setups?

Ben Perry | Engineering Systems Administrator
Enerpac | 199 Gateway Court
Columbus, WI | United States
T: 920-623-7285
E: ben.perry@enerpac.com<">mailto:ben.perry@enerpac.com> | www.enerpac.com
2 REPLIES 2

Ben,
I ran into the same problem after those updates were installed. We are running IE9, JRE7u51, Windchill 10.1 M030. I found that after the installation of the patches, IE wants the JRE updated. Our IT department is working on a fix, but if you close all browsers and delete everything below the folder C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer and restart IE, it all works again, with the patches installed.

Mike Ibosh
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenPerry)

Mike,
Thanks for the help. I just deleted all of the history through the UI. It accomplished the same thing.

At first, I only deleted the temporary internet files. But that didn't work. So instead of messing around, I just deleted it all.

Thanks again for your help!
Ben

[cid:image001.png@01D00562.D12F3450]

Top Tags