cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

fixed URL path to Primary File or details page for LMS Training?

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

fixed URL path to Primary File or details page for LMS Training?

Greetings,

Anyone know a way to modify the URL path so that it always points to the latest version of a document?

Background: We are using PDMLink 10.1 but still need to place a copy of the Released file in LiveLink so that the SAP Learning Management app can pick up the latest version. Doc Control just writes over the file in LiveLink each time so the path doesn't change.

I would like to get away from using LiveLink but I need a constant URL path for SAP.

.com/Windchill/app/#ptc1/tcomp/infoPage?ContainerOid=OR%3Awt.inf.library.WTLibrary%3A23145620&oid=VR%3Awt.doc.WTDocument%3A36679008&u8=1

This would also be helpful when listing controlled documents on an internal web page (sharePoint), then have the text of the document number linked so that the user would be sent to the current highest version. Access controls in WC would control what state the user could see.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:lgrant)

Hi, I would start with these two PTC Technical Support articles: CS139193 and CS70348.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:lgrant)

Hi, I would start with these two PTC Technical Support articles: CS139193 and CS70348.

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:sm)

CS70348 looks like the solution, just need some help getting it to work.

Top Tags