cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Unable to change the "upload_soft_type" parameter through "edit attribute" in workspace,MultiCAD env

alabo
5-Regular Member

Unable to change the "upload_soft_type" parameter through "edit attribute" in workspace,MultiCAD env

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.1 and Datecode with CPS M020-CPS27

I have an installation with CATIA and Creo Parametric 3.0. When I implement the "upload_soft_type" method in order to have correctly sub-typed the EPM, I had to create two different parameters because otherwise I'm not be able to modify the parameter through "edit attribute" in workspace: i change the value, creo parametric update the session but not change the value. If I use this method with any other parameter, it's work well.
Now I must work also with Creo Parametric 8.0 but I have the same problem and I can't create another parameter because I can't discriminate the creo parametric's version.

Here are the errors that I faced
No error shows anywhere, also in method log

5 REPLIES 5
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:alabo)

I'm pretty sure that you can't change the soft type (UPLOAD_SOFT_TYPE) value through edit attributes. That gets set at initialization when you create a new EPM document.(CS41665 )

There's a Windchill Shell utility that you ought to use for that. 

alabo
5-Regular Member
(To:Dobi)

Hi.

You can't change soft type if you already upload the EPM, otherwhise it works.

The problem is when you have more applications, if you use the same attribute, it works only for one.

I bypassed the problem creating a different attribute for the second application.

Now I have two version of the same application (Creo Parametric 3.0 and Creo Parametric 8.0) and the workaroud doesn't works.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

Ah, I see. 

UPLOAD_SOFT_TYPE gets set on upload, yes. In your case then you have an attribute set at the EPMDocument parent level that you set prior to upload with the idea that it would select the appropriate soft type on upload, right? 

In the WT_HOME\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\uwgm\aad\xml document I don't see a version call out if you're trying to apply a different soft type to the same CAD application. 

<SoftTypeDescriptor xmlns='http://www.ptc.com/SoftTypeDescriptor'
           xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
           xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.ptc.com SoftTypeDescriptor.xsd'>
      <AuthAppSoftTypeInfo authAppName="UG">
            <ObjectClassInfo classType="EPMDocument">
                   <ObjectTypeInfo type="CADDRAWING">
                         <SoftTypeInfo softTypeId="${internet_domain_name}.NXDrawing"/> <!-- null sub type -->
                         <SoftTypeInfo subType="CADDRAWING" softTypeId="${internet_domain_name}.NXDrawing"/>
                   </ObjectTypeInfo>
            </ObjectClassInfo>
      </AuthAppSoftTypeInfo>
 <SoftTypeDescriptor>

I wonder if adding in something like the below could work? 

<SoftTypeInfo authoringAppVersionReference="Creo3.0"/>

anursingh

Hi @alabo,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

alabo
5-Regular Member
(To:anursingh)

I think there is no solution for this bug and PTC can't help me because the customer has Windchill 11.1 M020.

If anyone has any ideas ...

Thanks

Attilio

Top Tags