cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unable to checkout Creo drawing

ewallsuk
4-Participant

Unable to checkout Creo drawing

I have a Creo drawing in Windchill.  It consists of three parts, a (.drw, .frm and .prt) files.

I have a change request that covers all three related objects.

When I try to check out any of the files I'm presented with a series of options on a pop up screen.  I've tried what I think are the appropriate options but at no point does the file get checked out. 

Is there a simple tutorial about that shows how to check out and edit a Creo drawing from Windchill.

My mech.eng. has moved on and I'm trying to cover some of his work while the search is on for his replacement.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ewallsuk)

If the objects are currently released (or whatever that is called in your system), you may need to revise them first before checking them out.

ewallsuk
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

A change request has been raised against them and they are currently "In Work". 

I do not seem able to figure out how to check them out.  When I try nothing changes.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Does your user account have sufficient permissions to change them?  May be different by context (product/library).

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You probably do NOT want to revise the .frm format file!

Permissions to edit/check out/revise files must be granted for all object states.

Top Tags