cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unable to download files from PDMLink.

AndyMiner
3-Visitor

Unable to download files from PDMLink.

Hi All,

We have Windchill/PDMLink installed on a Windows 200364 bitserver and we are using IIS over SSL. We are able to upload files with no problem but what we are finding is that when we try to download files larger than a few kb the process hangs and times out.

Everything works as expected, you get prompted to open or save the file, when you select save you get prompted to select a location, but after you select OK the "File Download" window does not display the progress bar and there is no transfer rate information displayed. Eventually the process times out and no file was downloaded.

I've rechecked all the MIME type mappings and everything there looks good.

When I review the isapi_filter.log file the only common thread between all files that exhibit the previously described behavior is that they all have the [content-enbled] http header equal to [gzip].

Also, we are using the 64 bit isapi dll supplied by PTC.

This is really holding up testing on this system so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Try selecting the "Enable HTTP Keep-Alives" in the IIS settings on the "Web Site" tab in Web Site Properties of the Foreground node you are connected to while trying to do the download.

The solution to this problem is to navigate to Site->Utilities->Preference Manager->Attachments from there you can change the "File Downlaod Mechanism" from "Use Browser Functionality" to "Use Java Applet Functionality". After I made this change there was no problem downloading files.

Thanks to all who responded.

Just one caution. If you are using MS Desktop Integration (Windchill toolbar and actions from within Word), and using Windchill attributes mapped to Word properties (Like Revision, State, etc), then these are only correct if using the Java Applet download method.
Top Tags