cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Uninstalling Windchill from local machine.

itzsarathy
1-Newbie

Uninstalling Windchill from local machine.

All,

I have been using Windchill 10.1 M040. But I want to uninstall it completely and again I want to try installing it.

Is there any procedure to uninstall windchill completely from your local machine? If so Please share the documents or tell me the procedure. Thanks in advance.

Parth..

1 REPLY 1

Parth,

The following steps for the complete uninstallation of Windchill and Oracle from Windows.

1. Uninstall WindchillDS using the WindchillDS uninstaller from " \WindchillDS\server\uninstall.bat "

2. Delete the Windchill database using Oracle’s DBCA (Database Configuration Assistant) utility. DBCA can be launched from "Start->All Programs->Oracle->Configuration and Migration Tools-> Database Configuration Assistant"

3. Uninstall Oracle using Oracle uninstaller from "Start->All Programs->Oracle->Configuration and Migration Tools-> Oracle Installation Products-> Universal Installer"

4. Reboot the system

5. Delete the "Windchill_10.0" menu from "Start->All Programs"

6. Delete the following folders: 1.C:\Oracle

2.C:\tmp\ptcServlet

3.C:\ptc\Windchill_10.0

4.C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry (hidden folder)

5.C:\Program Files\Oracle

6.C:\Documents and Settings\<windows_username_who_installed_windchill>\.wt

7.C:\Documents and Settings\<windows_username_who_installed_windchill>\InstallAnywhere (hidden folder)

8.C:\Documents and Settings\<windows_username_who_installed_windchill>\lbe

9.C:\Documents and Settings\<windows_username_who_installed_windchill>\Application Data\PTC\Windchill

Please note that uninstalling Oracle does not remove all registry entries. These entries must be manually removed

Hope this helps!!!

thanks,

Shreyas

Top Tags