cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Unknown workspace symbol

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Unknown workspace symbol

I have been using Windchill a long time and today I saw a symbol I have never seen before, can anyone tell me what this is(see image). Normaly these show as parts(the blue cube). After refreshing my workspace they show normal, I'm just wondering what this means and why it would have shown this way.file+type.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

it is when you're looking the Family Table info page from a Workspace (for example in embeded ProE browser). And that the instances are not in the Workspace.

It permit to see when you download the non full family table in the Workspace, which instances are present in the local cache or not ....

If you switch to the "common space" info page, or if you download the missing instances in the Workpace, You will see the normal icons for all the family table

regards

Gregory

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

it is when you're looking the Family Table info page from a Workspace (for example in embeded ProE browser). And that the instances are not in the Workspace.

It permit to see when you download the non full family table in the Workspace, which instances are present in the local cache or not ....

If you switch to the "common space" info page, or if you download the missing instances in the Workpace, You will see the normal icons for all the family table

regards

Gregory

Thanks, for the info. I've been using windchill for almost 10 years and this was the first time I had seen that. I thought maybe I had broken something.

You can also find a quick reference for menus, symbols, and icons used in the workspace in the Windchill Help Center, at the following location:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc101_hc/index.jspx?id=ProEWCIntegQuickRef&action=show

Regards,

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Enterprise Products Publications
T 763.957.8299 E -

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:jzupfer)

Jane, that reference you posted needs to be updated because it does not list the symbols which are the subject of this discussion.

My apologies; I thought the icon in question was the one indicating the status "Modified and not eligible for upload". I'll definitely follow up.

Thanks,

Jane

Top Tags