cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Update Windchill WT part structure with CAD document structure

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

Update Windchill WT part structure with CAD document structure

To all,

I am trying to figure out how to get a Windchill WT part structure to update to what the Creo CAD document is, after it is checked in. I can get the CAD document to match the WT part, by doing the compare in the structure tab, then performing the build operation.

What I can't seem to figure out, is how to get the Windchill structure to update to the CAD structure after it is checked in. Most times as a designer, I will work in Creo, make my changes to an assembly and check it in. Then I want the Windchill structure to match and am having a hard time finding out how in the compare and build to get that to work.

I am attaching some screen shots of one example to show the compare window. It shows the CAD document with two files having a minus sign, and if I do the build, it will remove them from the CAD document, when I check it out and open it.

I have looked in the "Using Creo Parametric with Windchill (Windchill 10.1 M050)" and found a section "Managing part-CAD Document Relationships" that goes through this, but I can't seem to get the update of the Windchill part structure to the CAD document structure to work.

Any help on this would be appreciated as we are getting ready to go-live with Windchill and Creo in a week.

Dennis

7 REPLIES 7

What is the link type between the WTPart and the EPMDoc?

Simon,

I am not sure of the termonology you are using here in your question. What is the EPMDoc?

Dennis

Hello

I do not understand your problem. Seems to be a normal case of "reverse Build" ... (ie a WTpart modification that you downgrade to the CAD structure)

Here, if the 2 prt are removed from the Cero asm when you open it. It's a normal behaviour

just be carefull but be Build process is bi directionnal. Depending on where you use the "Compare to ... action"

If you use the action from the CAD info page. It's a CAD to WTpart compare. you will push CAD modifications to WTpart (formely Build process)

If you use the action from the WTPart info page. It's a WTpart to CAD compare. you will push WTpart modifications to CAD (formely Reverse Build process)

Gregory,

If I go to the CAD part, do the "compare to part structure" to get the WT part to update to what it is and do the build, I still get minus signs for these parts not in the WT part structure.

I am going to try and attach another document to this post to show what i get when I try this direction.

Dennis

This is the attachment i mentioned in the last reply.

Dennis

EPMDocument is the Windchill internal name of what you call CADDocument

As ask Simon, what kind of link do you use between your 3 CAD ?

the build process use "owner links". the comparator with the red mark indicates that you do not have "owner" WTpart to your 2 CAD Docs

try to edit associations (menu action on CAD info page) cause may be you use another type of link (image, content or another ?)

Greg and Simon,

Thanks for the responses and information. I will look into these and see if I am successful in my efforts.

Dennis

Top Tags