cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Update Windows

Gucio
14-Alexandrite

Update Windows

Hi folks,

Having Windchill "X" instaled on Windows "Y" - is it ok to update Windows up to Windows "Z" on this same machine??. Both of Windows are supported. 

In the past, when I wanted to change OS - I created new machine with new Windows, new Windchill installation, and as the last step I moved Windchill.

Now I wandering if new machine is neccessary.

Krzysztof
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:Gucio)

@Gucio , as long as the version of Windows is supported for the specific version of Windchill you are using you should be fine.

If it were me, I’d check the compatibility matrix.

If compatible, go for it.

I’d also create a Windows check point prior to OS upgrade, although that’s probably overkill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

I do not know how much the installation changes based on the version of Windows you are running. I had a similar case switching from Solaris to RHEL. I did reinstall Apache and the JVM (older version) and was able to slide Windchill installation across without issue. I would think the same applies for Apache and Java but give it a shot. Try doing a rehost process where you copy the installation to new machine and stand up on the side. Test test test before doing with Production. If anyone chimes in with do not do that, listen to them.

d_graham
17-Peridot

@Gucio , as long as the version of Windows is supported for the specific version of Windchill you are using you should be fine.

If it were me, I’d check the compatibility matrix.

If compatible, go for it.

I’d also create a Windows check point prior to OS upgrade, although that’s probably overkill.

Top Tags