cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Updating oracle hostname

aakolkar
4-Participant

Updating oracle hostname

Hi Fellow Windchillers,

As a test installation have Windchill 10.1 M030 successfully running on a server(say- wncserver) with Oracle11g on the same machine. We have another machine (with a different hostname- say oracleserver) which has Oracle11g installed on it. Want to update the existing Windchill installation such that the - wncserver connects to the new oracleserver. Have tried using the PTC user manuals and they suggest steps which involve restarting the installation process and then it will prompt user for the new oracleserver details.

Please let me know if this is the only way or the new oracle connection can be achieved by updating wt.properties and/or db.properties or any similar updations.

Thanks,
Amol

Amol S. Akolkar

PhD Student-PLM Lab

COT-Computer Graphics Technology

Purdue University, West Lafayette-IN

2 REPLIES 2

Amol,

I think it's wt.pom.serviceName you need to update for an Oracle db server.

You should always update in your site.xconf file located in the Windchill home folder and then run:

xconfmanager -p

in a Windchill shell. It will propagate the values set to the right properties files (db.properties in this case)

Arnol,

I guess you exported the DB from the application server and imported it into the new standalone server? If you have done this, you need also to rename some tables in the DB itself. The easyiest way is to use the Windchill Rehosting Utility (WRU) to first update the hostname on the application server and rehost the database. You just need to run the database job.

Björn

Top Tags