cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Upgrade failed, how to fix?

ptc-4599055
1-Newbie

Upgrade failed, how to fix?

I tried to upgrade Windchill with the Upgrade Manager and it looks like something is missing or might run with the wrong version,

could you please help to find and fix the problem?

Failed: Populate the fields Prefix, First, Middle, Last and Suffix in the WTUser table.

UUID: *

IU Description: This migrator uses the current value assigned to the full name and last attributes for a user in the directory server. If the wt.org.populateUserFullNameFields property is set to true, the migrator parses the full name attribute into Prefix, First, Middle, Last and Suffix values, and persists them into the new columns created in the WTUser table. If wt.org.populateUserFullNameFields is set to false, the migrator instead persists the full name and last attributes into the First and Last columns respectively and sets the other name columns as null. For disabled users, full name is calculated from the existing persisted values as "prefix first middle last suffix"; the first column is set to the calculated full name, the last column remains the same, and the rest of the name field columns will be null.

Start Time: 08.02.2013 17:33:58 MEZ

End Time: 08.02.2013 17:33:58 MEZ

Logged Messages:

1. PopulateUserFullNameFields START:***

2. >>> Popluate User Full Name fields is false, populating First column with Full Name and Last Column with last name; prefix, suffix, middle will be null

3. Updating user with id :***

4. Error in java migrator code:

(com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.directivesResource/27) com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.DirectiveExecutionException: Unexpected error executing a JavaMigratorDirective with className=wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.

Verschachtelte Ausnahme ist: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.JavaMigratorDirective.invokeJavaMigratorApi(JavaMigratorDirective.java:422)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.JavaMigratorDirective.execute(JavaMigratorDirective.java:203)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.IncrementalUpdate.execute(IncrementalUpdate.java:661)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.applyUpdate(UpdateRunner.java:281)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.executeAllUpdatesIn(UpdateRunner.java:220)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.run(UpdateRunner.java:169)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.MigratorRunnerUpgradeState.execute(MigratorRunnerUpgradeState.java:65)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.MigratorTableRowCountsUpgradeState.execute(MigratorTableRowCountsUpgradeState.java:46)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.PhaseEventUpgradeState.execute(PhaseEventUpgradeState.java:50)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.PersistPhaseUpgradeState.execute(PersistPhaseUpgradeState.java:100)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.ReportWriterUpgradeState.execute(ReportWriterUpgradeState.java:76)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.run(UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.java:399)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.main_(UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.java:786)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.DynamicLauncher.runUpgradeFrameworkStateMachine(DynamicLauncher.java:112)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.DynamicLauncher.main(DynamicLauncher.java:30)

Caused by: wt.util.WTException: Error in finding mapping key for "user.cn" in adapter : local.test.destrsrvpdm.jndiAdapter

Verschachtelte Ausnahme ist: (com.infoengine.jndi.JNDIResource/40) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Konfigurationsfehler - Anbieter-URL wurde nicht angegeben; Dienstname: "local.test.destrsrvpdm.jndiAdapter". Pr?fen Sie, ob der Dienstname und Laufzeitdienstname richtig sind.

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:352)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.populateUserFullNameFieldsAndUpdate(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:128)

at wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.runMigration(PopulateUserFullNameFields.java:39)

... 23 more

Caused by: (com.infoengine.jndi.JNDIResource/40) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Konfigurationsfehler - Anbieter-URL wurde nicht angegeben; Dienstname: "local.test.destrsrvpdm.jndiAdapter". Pr?fen Sie, ob der Dienstname und Laufzeitdienstname richtig sind.

at com.infoengine.jndi.JNDIAdapterImpl.processRequest(JNDIAdapterImpl.java:136)

at com.infoengine.procunit.adapter.Adapter.send(Adapter.java:391)

at com.infoengine.SAK.ObjectWebject.invoke(ObjectWebject.java:262)

at com.infoengine.compiledTasks.file.C$3a$5cptc$5cWindchill_10$2e1$5cWindchill$5ctasks.wt.federation.queryprincipals$2exml.invoke(queryprincipals$2exml.java:100)

at com.infoengine.SAK.Task.invoke(Task.java:1806)

at com.infoengine.SAK.Task.invoke(Task.java:1714)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:317)

... 25 more

Exception:

com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateExecutionException: Error executing IncrementalUpdate Populate the fields Prefix, First, Middle, Last and Suffix in the WTUser table. (#919772423-1197561275280-14600371-207-10-253-132)

Verschachtelte Ausnahme ist: (com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.directivesResource/38) com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.DirectiveExecutionException: Unexpected error invoking method server code wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.runMigration See nested exception for details.

Verschachtelte Ausnahme ist: (com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.directivesResource/27) com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.DirectiveExecutionException: Unexpected error executing a JavaMigratorDirective with className=wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.

Verschachtelte Ausnahme ist: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.JavaMigratorDirective.invokeJavaMigratorApi(JavaMigratorDirective.java:422)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.directives.JavaMigratorDirective.execute(JavaMigratorDirective.java:203)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.IncrementalUpdate.execute(IncrementalUpdate.java:661)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.applyUpdate(UpdateRunner.java:281)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.executeAllUpdatesIn(UpdateRunner.java:220)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.updates.UpdateRunner.run(UpdateRunner.java:169)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.MigratorRunnerUpgradeState.execute(MigratorRunnerUpgradeState.java:65)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.MigratorTableRowCountsUpgradeState.execute(MigratorTableRowCountsUpgradeState.java:46)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.PhaseEventUpgradeState.execute(PhaseEventUpgradeState.java:50)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.PersistPhaseUpgradeState.execute(PersistPhaseUpgradeState.java:100)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.state.ReportWriterUpgradeState.execute(ReportWriterUpgradeState.java:76)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.run(UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.java:399)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.main_(UpgradeFrameworkStateMachine.java:786)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.DynamicLauncher.runUpgradeFrameworkStateMachine(DynamicLauncher.java:112)

at com.ptc.windchill.upgrade.statemachine.DynamicLauncher.main(DynamicLauncher.java:30)

Caused by: wt.util.WTException: Error in finding mapping key for "user.cn" in adapter : local.test.destrsrvpdm.jndiAdapter

Verschachtelte Ausnahme ist: (com.infoengine.jndi.JNDIResource/40) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Konfigurationsfehler - Anbieter-URL wurde nicht angegeben; Dienstname: "local.test.destrsrvpdm.jndiAdapter". Pr?fen Sie, ob der Dienstname und Laufzeitdienstname richtig sind.

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:352)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.populateUserFullNameFieldsAndUpdate(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:128)

at wt.org.PopulateUserFullNameFields.runMigration(PopulateUserFullNameFields.java:39)

... 23 more

Caused by: (com.infoengine.jndi.JNDIResource/40) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Konfigurationsfehler - Anbieter-URL wurde nicht angegeben; Dienstname: "local.test.destrsrvpdm.jndiAdapter". Pr?fen Sie, ob der Dienstname und Laufzeitdienstname richtig sind.

at com.infoengine.jndi.JNDIAdapterImpl.processRequest(JNDIAdapterImpl.java:136)

at com.infoengine.procunit.adapter.Adapter.send(Adapter.java:391)

at com.infoengine.SAK.ObjectWebject.invoke(ObjectWebject.java:262)

at com.infoengine.compiledTasks.file.C$3a$5cptc$5cWindchill_10$2e1$5cWindchill$5ctasks.wt.federation.queryprincipals$2exml.invoke(queryprincipals$2exml.java:100)

at com.infoengine.SAK.Task.invoke(Task.java:1806)

at com.infoengine.SAK.Task.invoke(Task.java:1714)

at wt.org.UserFullNameFieldsHelper.readPrincipal(UserFullNameFieldsHelper.java:317)

... 25 more

11 REPLIES 11

Seems like an error in LDAP.

Rehosting process didn't happen correctly.

Check whether the property "wt.federation.org.defaultAdapter" (wt.properties) value is same as the ldap used in Windchill after the rehosting. If the value is not changed modify it using the xconfmanager utility and try the upgrade again. It worked for me.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:vasanth)

I have the same issue.

On the original and rehosted systems, the value set for  "wt.federation.org.defaultAdapter" is the same.

If they should be different, what should they be?

The values is com.usec.LDAP on both.

Did you change the hostname while rehosting?

That error is applicable when the host name is changed.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Host name was changed as both systems need to be running.

I have verified that all instances of hostname in wt.properties are correct for the mavhines they are running on.

I changed the values in sute.xconf and propogated them after rehosting.

I can find no references to the old server names on the rehost servers.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli wrote:

Host name was changed as both systems need to be running.

I have verified that all instances of hostname in wt.properties are correct for the mavhines they are running on.

I changed the values in sute.xconf and propogated them after rehosting.

I can find no references to the old server names on the rehost servers.

Hostnames can also be reversed. ie myserver.mydomain.com can also be com.mydomain.myserver

Places to look for hostnames:

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RandyJones)

Exported the LDAP db, found a lot of entries still pointing to the source computer. Cleaned them up, deleted the 0=ptc DN and then imported the LDIF.

The system is still not starting.

I ma getting error messagees about VizView and some other programs in the Method Server logs. I will copy a portion of the logs as a reply to this thread in the morning.

Did you complete the Upgrade?

If not check whether you have the following thigs right.

While executing Upgrade Manager, in Gather Upgrade Properties

check whether the source LDAP base DN is correct or not.

If not change it copying it from Windchill Directory server.

And continue with the upgradation process.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I looked at it closer this morning.

I did not have all of the modules installed on the cloned system, so installing them now. I think that will solve the issue. I had forgotten to be sure that the output from Windchill Version was identical on both systems.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I got the extra modules installed.

Did some more playing with the LDIF file.

ow I am getting longer log files, but the system is still failing to start.

Latest error message is: wt.access.evaluation.report Administrator - "Administrator" does not have Create Permission for "Schedule Item - [queeu=commonScheduleQueeu, class=wt.eff.StandardEffService, methos=purgeOrphanedEffAudits, date=2017-08-22 18:40:37.332, toBeRun=-1, runCount=0, periodcity=86400, name=purgeOrphanedEffAudits, description=Removes from persistence wt.eff.EffChangeAudit objectsthat are no longer referenced.]" in Administrative Domain "Site /System".

wt.scheduler Administrator - Could not add item to db

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Redid the import of the LDIF and finally got Windchill to start.

However

I am now getting a error in the file vaults.

wt.fv  - A datastore uniqueness constraint violation has occurred on the following objects

Oroganization - USEC

One of the changes in the LDIF was a reference change from Centrus Energy to USEC. The source serevr was built with the USEC org name and the target was built with Centrus Energy. That may have caused teh conflict and it did not like the change.

I tried to copy the files from source to target and then import the original LDIF after doing the server name change but this also failed. I am going to try this idea one more time before I go back and reinstall everything from scratch again.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

@BenLoosli wrote:

I have the same issue.

On the original and rehosted systems, the value set for  "wt.federation.org.defaultAdapter" is the same.

If they should be different, what should they be?

The values is com.usec.LDAP on both.

That points to a "node" in the ldap server. The value of the node should probably be different. You can see this value by firing up the WindchillDS/server/bin/control-panel

Top Tags