cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

UpgradeManager Question for PDMLink 8.0 to 9.1 Migration

borourke
9-Granite

UpgradeManager Question for PDMLink 8.0 to 9.1 Migration

While running the UpgradeManager, the UpdateSchema step errors out because we increased the VALUE and VALUE2 columns in the STRINGVALE table from 500 to 4000. The UpdateSchema step is trying to set it back to 500 but errors out. Anyone know of a way to bypass/modify the UpdateSchema step to ignore the modification to the STRINGVALUE table? Thanks in advance and Geaux Saints!

Send lawyers, guns, and money...the sh!t has hit the fan!
1 REPLY 1

Bill,

Do you have a customization (i.e class files, and etc) to support this database change? if yuo do, then you will need to deploy those so that the UM can continue. A counterpart of mine in another deer unit had a similar issue with upgrademanager where his unit increased the size of a column in a database, he had to deploy the accompanying customizations to the system and the upgrademanager was happy after that. I am not sure you can ask the UM to skip that upgrade schema as there are schema changes between 8 and 9.1 and this is a required step in the upgrade process. So if you have the class files or whatever that supports that increase, I would suggest you deploy those and rerun the UM.

HTH,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

Top Tags