cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Upgrading PDMLink 8.0 M040 to 9.1 M010 Question

borourke
10-Marble

Upgrading PDMLink 8.0 M040 to 9.1 M010 Question

We are testing tthe upgrade on anew server. Loaded 8.0 M040, and got my production data rehosted. Ran into a problem when installing 9.1 with Aphelion. Wanted me to do and uninstall, so I exported my 8.0 entries, did an uninstall and 9.1 install, imported my 8.0 entries, and proceeded with the 9.1 install. Brought up my 9.1 with no problems, so i started to apply our local customizations. Added our nlocal states and roles using enumcusotmize, ran the MakeJar, bounced the server and now I get all sorts of getPrincipal errors when I try to start up the home page. Did I royally screw up by importing my 8.0 entries before doing all of the migration jobs to the 8.0 data? Thanks in advance!

Send lawyers, guns, and money...the sh!t has hit the fan!
3 REPLIES 3

Make sure you delete the tomcat cache, compiled info*engine tasks, and ptc servletafter importing the 8.0 data into the 9.1 install.

In Reply to Bill O'Rourke:
We are testing tthe upgrade on anew server. Loaded 8.0 M040, and got my production data rehosted. Ran into a problem when installing 9.1 with Aphelion. Wanted me to do and uninstall, so I exported my 8.0 entries, did an uninstall and 9.1 install, imported my 8.0 entries, and proceeded with the 9.1 install. Brought up my 9.1 with no problems, so i started to apply our local customizations. Added our nlocal states and roles using enumcusotmize, ran the MakeJar, bounced the server and now I get all sorts of getPrincipal errors when I try to start up the home page. Did I royally screw up by importing my 8.0 entries before doing all of the migration jobs to the 8.0 data? Thanks in advance!

Bill,

Are you using Active Directory (or other LDAP) to authenticate PDMLink 8.0
M040? Or just Using Aphelion only?

Are you able to login on 9.1 as Admin?

Sateesh Dendukuri

Datafrond LLC -
sdendukuri@datafrond.com

I am an idiot! Many thanks to Sateesh for pointing me in the correct direction. I had started up the 8.0 version of Apache instead of the 9.1 version. This fixed the getPrincipal errors! Thanks also to Alexius!

Top Tags