cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Upload mechanism in a distributed windchill environment

rkleineikensche
6-Contributor

Upload mechanism in a distributed windchill environment

Hi all,

we are facing a challenge to use an upload mechanism in a distributed windchill environment. For that we want to use as much ootb interface technology as possible. In one approach we have implemented a solution for WTDocuments using the Generic Web Service, which is based on SOAP. Our users can click in an authoring application to send files to Windchill as WTDocuments.

This is fine and working, but it is not respecting our fileserver infrastructure. We have multiple remote sites with their own fileservers. If now a File is send to Windchil via the Generic Web Service, this file is transferred to the central Master Server and than back to the local Fileserver.
Are there any approaches out there to avoid this not needed network transfer for WTDocuments?

Thx in advance
Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all,

in the meantime we have developed extensions for the Generic Web Service to fullfill our Requirement. This solution will be deployed to production soon.

Please contact me if you are intressted. It could be that I have to talk to my Boss then...

Robert

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi all,

in the meantime we have developed extensions for the Generic Web Service to fullfill our Requirement. This solution will be deployed to production soon.

Please contact me if you are intressted. It could be that I have to talk to my Boss then...

Robert

Top Tags