cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Versioning scheme / Bulk load / Unusual customer

grocha
1-Newbie

Versioning scheme / Bulk load / Unusual customer

Intro.

This customer is using WC to manage construction docs, that means they manage paper, scanned paper in PDF format.

We are using Arbortext Content Manager for that, once they need revisioning but doesn't need EPM documents.

We opted to use bulk load to create the documents in WC, once they have to add tons of documents daily basis, we made a load program for them, they just fill an excel sheet with the metadata and the program bulk loads it.

Requirement.

The requirement is that a document can be loaded into WC in whatever revision it was approved, that means they need to load revision E of a document directly as a new document, same for numeric revisions, they may receive the revision 11 and load it directly too, the process of approval and their revisions are not controled by WC once this happens outside the company, only approved docs get in.

A doc can be loaded as approved with alphabetic and numeric revisions depending of where it came from, the customer, external engineering office, etc...

Problem.

When I have a file based versioning scheme containing only numeric options (0 to 99) it works flawlessly, a document can be loaded directly in revision 2 for example, even If I need to load the revision 0 after that I can, it will be fixed in the history of the document.

Now my problem is when I add the alphabetic revisions to the versioning scheme, it denies the behavior described above, just after adding the alphabetic revisions in game I can only load a new document in the A version.

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags