cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

View Rule Conflicts Hyperlink missing on task and to be enabled

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

View Rule Conflicts Hyperlink missing on task and to be enabled

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how to get the View Rule Conflicts to hyperlink to be enabled on a task so that the user can click on it and see the error and fix the same?

Please find a sample screenshot below

29132008_gePY.jpg

This is required for Windchill 11.0 M030

So kindly let me know if any leads are there.

8 REPLIES 8
aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:aachanta)

Hi All,

Any leads on  how to get the View Rules Conflict link added to any task ?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You shouldn't have to do anything to add them.  They are already built into the out of the box native task form templates and can be seen in the promotion request approval process.

TomU_0-1616770380968.png

TomU_1-1616770440784.png

TomU_2-1616770773484.png

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

I do have exactly the same values in the Resolve Business Rules Conflict activity. But still, it is not showing VIEW RULES CONFLICT?

I checked three workflows one the OOTB and the other two custom promotion request workflows wherein in all the cases the Template Format is JSP and Template Name is Default. The variables are also the same as mentioned in the screenshot. But then the View Rules Conflict is appearing in the OOTB and in only one custom workflow and not in another custom workflow. There are no custom task form templates wherein all the workflows be it both OOTB or custom workflows they are using the same native task form template and the view rules conflict link is not being shown in the custom workflow. 

The workflow is just custom. But all activities or tasks are out of the box. 

Please find the below screenshots of the workflow

Rbcs.PNG

RBC.PNG

Variables are as below

variables.PNG

A task generated without View Rules Conflict Hyperlink 

task.PNG

Template

template.PNG

So can you please confirm if anything else is missing and that needs to be modified so that the hyperlink appears in the task for the custom workflow's ootb task?

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

I also checked the existing JSP files and also default task form template with JSP as a type for the PBO wt.fc.WTObject

But could not find any cases where View Rule Conflicts related to JSP files or javascript files were there.

Also in case if it is not required to look into any existing code please let us know what else can be done to make sure that we enable View Rule Conflicts Hyperlink and as well the error within its popup for this ootb task in a custom workflow.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm not sure what else to check.  Do you have active support?  If so, create a support case and have someone from PTC walk you through the process.

BA_9696752
4-Participant

Hi Aachanta,

I am curious if you found the cause of this issue. I too am seeing this.

Thanks, 

Hi @BA_9696752 and others

I would check the workflow variable if is filled with any value. 

The conflict link is not shown if there are empty variables. 

If is not filled then some code is missing in a workflow to do so. 

HelesicPetr_0-1662548315978.png

If yes, there is another issue and it needs deeper investigation.. 

PetrH

Thanks that help

Top Tags