cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Visualization - Generics published instead of Instances? (!!!)

ptc-4902492
1-Newbie

Visualization - Generics published instead of Instances? (!!!)

Posting as a result of a Tech Support call indicating that Visualization is working according to specification...

So what's happening is that Generics in some cases (have not yet confirmed if this is all or just some) are being published rather than Instances. So what you wnd up with in the visualization of an assembly is "wrong looking" components. An example of the Family Table is O-Rings with various sizes. What we end up with is an assembly (example a hydraulic manifold) with the Visualization looking like the wrong O-Rings have been installed - either way too big or way to small for the gland.

Am I correct in my read that Visualization is a key component of the Collaboration component of the Windchill value proposition? If that's true (which I believe it to be), then would not accurate representations be a key component of effective Collaboration? If participants in the Design Review process can not rely on the accuracy of the Visualization then what good is it?

Or maybe, (as I am hoping) there is something wrong with the Visualization Services as implemented in our system and that there is an easy fix to the configuration followed by a batch republish in order to reestablish User trust in Windchill Visualization.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

We have this kind of issue with Wildfire 5, because of the new ability of saving (and then checkin in Windchill) a not fully regenerated or failed model .

We can workaround this by implementing the "gate keeper" mode of model check. To let users save and upload a failed model in his workspace. But not checkin ...

Top Tags