cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

WF activity: losing the user's choice via radio button

HenriMarchal
1-Newbie

WF activity: losing the user's choice via radio button

Hello,

In an activity of my workflow, I've set two routes (routing tab), Reject or Continue.

So a radio button appears automatically in the activity, letting the user choices what he wants to do.

If he chooses "Reject", I make some validation on few variables and throw an error message in an exception if it is not ok.

The problem is after the user gets the error message, the radio button is reset to its default value "Continue". It is not user-friendly, it should keep the last user's choice.

I have implemented my validation by overriding the NmWorkItemService as it was said to me in this post : http://communities.ptc.com/thread/35290

I have noticed that if the exception was thrown from a call in an expression in the transition tab, it was ok, the page was not reloaded, the user's choice was kept. But I can't implement my validation this way because I need to check the "comment" textbox wrapped in the NmCommandBean object, so I need to override the NmWorkItemService.

1 REPLY 1

I've heard my users report this same issue and it has lead to some wrong choices. I handle comment checking in a javascript function instead of on the server side. This required my to replace the standard complete button JSP page with my own. That adds an onClick() call to a validate function on the complete button. The custom JSP template (supported customization) contains an implementation of this JSP function which does the checks. It would have been easier if there was something OOTB that you can edit. Even a do nothing function would be useful if you could edit it later.

Top Tags