cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WGM Modeling unattended Installation

lwahl
4-Participant

WGM Modeling unattended Installation

Ich möchte WGM für Modeling und Drafting mittels Softwareverteilung installieren

Wie registriere ich den Server automatisch ?

Wie registriere ich die Applikationen automatisch  ?

Ich benötige die relevanten Einträge in die Registry und die entsprechenden

Anpassenungen der Konfigurationsdateien.

Das Dokument CS205983  habe ich bereits gelesen, löst aber mein Problem nicht

7 REPLIES 7
pmooteri
12-Amethyst
(To:lwahl)

Hi,

CS205983 provides generic information where CAD applications are not automatically registered in Windchill Workgroup Manager when Silent installation is carried out by administrator. As you are interested only in Creo Elements/Direct Modeling and Drafting, you can follow that procedure where these CAD application will be automatically registered in WWGM. Please note that, only single version of each cad tool should be present on client system to have automatic registration of cad applications.

I will work with the author of the article to update CEDM & CEDD specific information. Please let me know, if you have any other specific questions on this matter.

In short, for CEDM/CEDD,  using silent installer, WWGM has the automatic facility to register server & cad application without explicit user input.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product manager - PTC Inc.

lwahl
4-Participant

Hallo,

der Modus für unattended Installation besteht ja aus JSP-Scripten etc.

Die JSP-Scripte dienen aus meiner Sicht zur Aufbereitung der Parameter und Übergabe an Setup.exe

Mit der Softwareverteilung könnte ich Setup.exe direkt aufrufen. Ich benötige dann aber die Parameter dazu

Können Sie mich darin unterstützen ?

lwahl
4-Participant

Hello,

the unattend Software is running. But my Modeling Applikation ist not discovered even if I manually

browse to Soliddesigner.exe

lwahl
4-Participant

I cannot register Modeling in Windchill even I paste the command with which it is posible on other machines

Something is missing

pmooteri
12-Amethyst

Hi,

From the provided screen shot, it is difficult to know the actual root cause as there may be other factors. Can you please provide me below details?

1. Windchill Server Version

2. WWGM Client Version

3. CEDM Version with maintenance level

4. Does the client system consist more than one version of CEDM installed? If yes, its version.

If we are not able to find out the root cause, then I would suggest you to contact PTC Tech Support for further assistance as it may require to have some debug logs to find out the issue on your system.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

lwahl
4-Participant
(To:pmooteri)

Hello,

we use:

Windchill 10.2

WGM M030 CPS 18

Modeling 19.0 M040

On the same PC there is Modeling and Drafting not in differrent

releases installed

Local supports tells me "Unattended Installation" is not supported.

How can I manually install more than 200 Clients ?

pmooteri
12-Amethyst

Hi Ludwig,

I have requested PTC support to contact you & follow up on this issue. Please let me know, if your concern is not addressed.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Top Tags