cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

WQS 10.1 - RlxOpt.mdb missing on Windows 7, 64-bit

MichelJasic
1-Newbie

WQS 10.1 - RlxOpt.mdb missing on Windows 7, 64-bit

Hello,

We have a super-user who changed the PC and now has Windows 7, 64-bit, French. WQS desktop version was installed on her new computer but she has a lot of trouble when trying to run the application.

Even before she logs in, she sees a message box indicating that is impossible to open the config file RlxOpt.mdb:error+message+for+WQS.jpg

I searched on my PC (Win7, 32-bit and found it under c:\Program Files\PTC\Windchill Quality solution\10.1.

SysAdmin and I tried to find the same folder on her computer and did not find.

Finally, we put my copy of RlxOpt.mdb into c:\Program Files(86)\PTC\Windchill Quality solution\10.1 on the user's computer, but nothing changed.

Where should be this file copied to on Windows 7, 64-bit computer?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

M. Jasic

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Try to reinstall WQS 10.1.

P.S. Just note that WQS 10.2 is released.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunatelly, it did not work (I don't know what the installation package looks like, maybe something is missing), so the user asked to return her the old laptop (Windows XP), which works.

Thanks.

MJ

Hi Michel,

did you try C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Windchill Quality Solutions\10.1?

regards

Bernadette

Hello Bernadette,

I have no idea what the installer tried, but nothing worked. Anyway, with her old PC (Win XP) back, the user can work normally. She abandoned Win 7 so far.

Thanks,

Michel

Hey Michel, no problem, we had the same issue recently and this worked.

cheers

Bernadette

Top Tags