cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WQS 10.1 (web) - User clicks on Project, but instead of seeing data, is returned to Start Page

MichelJasic
1-Newbie

WQS 10.1 (web) - User clicks on Project, but instead of seeing data, is returned to Start Page

Hello,

My client just got a new laptop, Win 7 (no idea whether 32 or 64-bit).

He logs in into the web version , but when he tries to open a FRACAS system in the Recent Files list, WQS is working hard, displaying the "hourglass" (in fact, circle moving around) and seems to be in the data section, but after a while, there is a glitch on the screen and the user is redirected back to the Start Screen.

This happens with the web version, on his machine and on any other computer (including mine, remotely).

On only one computer,there was an error message: Recordset "Relex. DocumentModel.Recordsets.LinkDataRecordset" failed to open.

As this did not happen anywhere else, I don't think this is important.

When the user logs into the desktop version on my PC remotely, everything is working fine.

I removed his user name in the Admin tool and recreated it with the same Groups, but the situation did not change. On his old computer, there was no problems but now, as I mentioned, even on other computers, the situation is the same, but only with the web access. No other users have the same issue.

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Michel, we've had some users with a similar issue.

Have you tried deleting their browsing history in Internet Explorer (or browser you are using)? Also, if you have local storage setup for the web client, you can clear it via the WQS Help>Clear Local Storage.

Then have the client login again.

Regards

Bernadette

Hello Bernadette,

I forgot the browsing history but I already tried with cleaning local storage.

This morning we tried once again both deleting his browing history and local storage. Unfortunatelly, it didn't work.As I explained, it didn't work on other PCs either so probably isn't browser related.

So I recommended to install him desktop version and we'll see. It could work because it worked when he tried on Desktop, on my PC.

Your idea might help me if something else browser-related happens.

Thanks.

Michel

Hello Michel,

Is the user still experiencing this behavior?

Thank you,

Ryan

Top Tags