cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

WT-Parts Problem

cscholl
1-Newbie

WT-Parts Problem

Hello PTC Community ,

I`m working with the WT-Parts-Structure in Windchill. In our system the CAD-Documents are allready existing. I`m meanwhile able to create WT-Parts through "auto associate".

When I open the WT-Part-Structure through the function "show/hide" -> "CAD-Documents" all Referencedocuments appear e.g. the .prt-drawing and the .asm-drawing.

If I have for example a standard part and I create the associated WT-Part the Part-Structure also shows all the Assembly-Drawings where the standard part is used.

But I only want to see the .prt and the .drw-model of the standard part.

Are there any settings or filter options that I can use? Or is there already a mistake in creating the WT-Parts?

Thanking you in anticipation

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:cscholl)

This might be the preference which controls but not sure.  The "Calculated Links" likely is the key thing to prevent.

"Disallow Product Structure Links by Document Types"

Where can I find the function "Disallow Product Structure Links by Document Types"?  Can I find it in "My settings" -> "settings"?

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:cscholl)

Yes, a preference.  Under Operation, Auto Associate.  May be able to change from My Settings to test.

Ok, then I have to contact our system administration to change the settings.

Thank you very much.

Top Tags