cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WTPart - EPM Link getting ignored using OOTB Import/Export Framework WC 10.0

psingh-2
1-Newbie

WTPart - EPM Link getting ignored using OOTB Import/Export Framework WC 10.0

Hi Guys,

Need some help here. I am using the OOTB import/export framework for import/export of Objects in Windchill 10.0 M030.

When the EPM Document is imported first in Windchill and the related WTPart later the link between them is not created i.e. is getting ignored.

Any idea on how to "not ignore" link creation in any circumstances i.e. irrespective of the fact whether WTPart or EPM Doc is imported first in Windchill,

the link between them should be created.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Prerna

1 REPLY 1
habat
4-Participant
(To:psingh-2)

Prerna - From my experience, unless internal IDs are not being modified in the import package, no/few change/impact will occur for impacted objects (master, iterations and links).

My advice would be to first switch IXB to the PLM_FORMAT (wt.ixb.export.formatType=PLM_FORMAT in wt.properties) and to export/import your objects using this format. It is much more easy (anc convenient) to have a look inside the unique plm.xml file which is resulting from the export using this specific PLM_FORMAT. Then you can notice that each and every object is exported (part, epmdoc and links).

If you wish to apply for a change on the same system as the one which was used for export, you may need to change the internal IDs (for the next import). When considering another Windchill system where no existing object is being created, the import will complete successfully if no conflict is found using those internal IDs.

IMHO It is quite easy to create a dataset and export/delete/import this dataset in order to verify that all objects are being imported successfully. If you wish to create the WTPart first, the import will consolidate remaining objects. However, you need to consider an ID match or change process according to which operation you need to conduct when using a partial dataset to be consolidated through export/import (IXB).

HTH!&VBR/H

Top Tags