cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

WTPart custom Wizard JS litener

FeofilovIvan
1-Newbie

WTPart custom Wizard JS litener

Hi all!

I want developed custom WTPart wizard for elecrtical part.

For this I need create depended lists for custom IBA attribute.

Which will work as example when I'm change value in first list, JavaScript List update values list in second List.

In whitch JSP i can add JavaScript listener?

plmservice.ru

7 REPLIES 7

If I understand your question, I believe that you would put thejavascript on the same JSP that contains yourcomboBox of attributes.

For example, if you havea wizard with 2 steps (step1.jsp and step2.jsp)and the first step contains your comboBoxes, then step1.jsp would contain something like this:

<script type="text/javascript">

function someFunctionToUpdateComboBox2()
{
//Update comboBox 2
}

</script>

<w:combobox id="comboBox1" onselect="someFunctionToUpdateComboBox2()" displayvalues="" internalvalues=""/">

<w:combobox id="comboBox2" displayvalues="" internalvalues=""/">

I'm pretty new to customizing, so hopefully that's the right direction for you!

~Jamie

We are in the process of deploying a closed loop interface between PDMLink
and a ERP system. ERP system owns few cad docs attributes and pushes them to
PDMLink. A custom code in place shares the cad generic/instances to a
workspace, checks out and updates the cad attributes. This framework is
working good for cad docs and drawings. But is failing for cad generic and
instances.

The exception is EPMWorkspaceHelper.manager.setAttributes() fails with
exception "wt.iba.constraint.IBAConstraintException : Attribute values
cannot be added, removed, or changed". This is reported to R&D as SPR
2176011 and the fix target datecode is 10.0,10.1:M050. Already requested a
patch from PTC TS.

Curious to learn about any possible workaround from the group. Thanks in
advance.

Thank you and have a great time.

Best Regards

Swamy Senthil

Principal Solutions Architect, Swasen Inc

swamy.senthil@swasen.com(Email); 909 800 8423(M); 973 324 2729(W); 866
908 6561(F);

On 10/09/13 08:57, Swamy Senthil wrote:
>
> We are in the process of deploying a closed loop interface between PDMLink and a ERP system. ERP
> system owns few cad docs attributes and pushes them to PDMLink. A custom code in place shares the
> cad generic/instances to a workspace, checks out and updates the cad attributes. This framework is
> working good for cad docs and drawings. But is failing for cad generic and instances.
>
> The exception is EPMWorkspaceHelper.manager.setAttributes() fails with exception
> "/wt.iba.constraint.IBAConstraintException : Attribute values cannot be added, removed, or
> changed/". This is reported to R&D as SPR 2176011 and the fix target datecode is 10.0,10.1:M050.
> Already requested a patch from PTC TS.
>
> Curious to learn about any possible workaround from the group.
>

One possible workaround is to check in the generics and instances to create a new iteration and then
change their iba attributes by modifying the appropriate database table. ie the STRINGVALUES table
for string IBA's.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Thank you and have a great time.**
>
> Best Regards**
>
> * Swamy Senthil***
>
> *Principal Solutions Architect, **Swasen Inc*
>
> swamy.senthil@swasen.com(Email) <;">mailto:swamy.senthil@swasen.com%28Email%29>; 909 800 8423(M); 973
> 324 2729(W); 866 908 6561(F);
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jamie. Yes you understand my question. But I don't want create new Wizard. I want just add custom JS function to existing jsp wizard page, and change render using JavaScript.I search page witch draw WTPart IBA attributes, but don't find. Last page witch I see for WTPartWizard: netmarkets/jsp/components/defineItem.jsp. But my JS (allert($("Capasity"))) don't work in this file, Capasity my custom IBA attribute.

In Reply to Jamie Momber:

If I understand your question, I believe that you would put thejavascript on the same JSP that contains yourcomboBox of attributes.

For example, if you havea wizard with 2 steps (step1.jsp and step2.jsp)and the first step contains your comboBoxes, then step1.jsp would contain something like this:

<script type="text/javascript">

function someFunctionToUpdateComboBox2()
{
//Update comboBox 2
}

</script>

<w:combobox id="comboBox1" onselect="someFunctionToUpdateComboBox2()" displayvalues="" internalvalues=""/">

<w:combobox id="comboBox2" displayvalues="" internalvalues=""/">

I'm pretty new to customizing, so hopefully that's the right direction for you!

~Jamie

plmservice.ru

You must use diferent Java code for set IBA attributes when create new object and when update existing object. Post please IBA code snippet.

plmservice.ru

Hi,

I had once the same problem. Not always were the attributes in the family table, which is a problem when two instances should have different attribute values. Because I didn't find a quick solution for this in the WT API, I made an asynchronous J-Link application to check out the model, adjust the family table if necessary, set the parameters according the ERP system, check them in and remove them from the workspace. This worked out well for me. (It was a one time shot)

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts. Will update the group once we identify
a solution(TS patch or one of the recommendations posted).

Top Tags