cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

WVS CAD Worker Optimization and Memory Management

ScottMorris
17-Peridot

WVS CAD Worker Optimization and Memory Management

Hi, has anyone out there come up with a good scheme for managing memory in the WVS CAD Worker machines?

I run 5 virtual CAD workers on a single VM, which spawns 5 Creo sessions for converting CAD models to Creo View format. Everything is great when it starts, but over time (about a week), each session of Creo will grab up all memory it can until the machine has little to no memory left.

We have implemented a new monitoring system here and I get reports about my CAD workers being critically low on available RAM and virtual memory all the time. I'd like to find a way to make them run more efficiently.

Considering a weekly restart of the GS Worker Daemon service over the weekend to see if that will help, but I don't think once/week will be enough. Also concerned about stopping and starting the service on the CAD Worker w/o first shutting down the CAD worker from the Worker Admin UI in Windchill.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the proe2pv.rcp (recipe editor) , set value 10 (appropriate value) for "Exit Adapter after # Conversions"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello ,

There are many possible answer here. One suggestion is to restart creo after n number of publishing. e.g. 10. 

One more suggestion is to have a script which will stop worker , clears the cache and start worker again. you can schedule this in OS scheduler.

Regards

Ajit

Yes, I already have a script to clear the cache which runs once/month. It will be easy enough to add service stop;wait;service start line to it. I am a little concerned about stopping and starting the service w/o shutting down the workers in Windchill.

I like the idea of restarting Creo after 10 publish jobs, but not sure how to make that happen. Do you have some suggestions?

The article below will help.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS219379 

In the proe2pv.rcp (recipe editor) , set value 10 (appropriate value) for "Exit Adapter after # Conversions"

rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:ScottMorris)

Add a taskkill command at the start of the .bat file so every publish job starts with a clean session

This is not so easy since you need to know which task you need to kill! If he is running 5 xtop.exe process, he needs to remember it so he can kill the task. Otherwise he will kill a false one.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BjoernRueegg)

Actually, it's not hard at all.  Just run each worker under it's own separate service account.  This is covered in CS162756.

TomU_0-1624542396293.png

Top Tags