cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

What are the business objects for which a report manager cannot generate reports in Windchill.

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

What are the business objects for which a report manager cannot generate reports in Windchill.

Dear All,

I have been working on generating a few reports using Windchill OOTB from a few days where I am struggling to get exactly what I want. So if everybody who have already generated reports could provide information regarding for what business objects reports cannot be generated it would be helpful for me and others to filter out which reports can be generated and which cannot. For example, a report to show the user participant groups is not possible since user participant group information is not stored in the database but is stored in WinDS. In the same way if anybody\everybody could share information it would be of great help.

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
10 REPLIES 10

If you are on Windchill 11, using report manager and adding a type to your report you can get the list of all selectable types.

Take a look also at this document https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Questions/Resource-for-reporting/td-p/448738

In it you can find lots of report ready to use.

Marco
Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Thank you for the link Mr. Marco_Tosin, but what I was trying to generate was a bit more complex. I have experience generating reports for multiple requirements but this is quite out of my league. For example, I need to compare current iteration and latest iteration of the (n-1)revision of a given wtpart. I need to display the change in BOM and attribute changes in parent wtpart. So I asked if there is a way to know which objects are not allowed to generate report from.

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.

If your request is to generate report for users and groups, then in the document I pointed you there is what you are looking for.

Marco
Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:Marco_Tosin)

It is about BOM iteration comparison with changes reflection in the report which is not there in the report given. And also report related to workspace information. I will try using them as example and try to generate. Thank you Mr. Marco_Tosin.

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.

Be careful that you CANNOT build a recursive BOM report using report manager.

Marco

Why not just use Info Compare from the Version History page?

Here is an example:

launch info compare.png

info compare wizard.pnginfo compare.png

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:JeffZemsky)

Assuming you are using WTParts...

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:STEVEG)

Yes I am using WTParts Steve. 

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.
Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:JeffZemsky)

Thank you Jeff for the detailed information.  I had given demo regarding this in the initial phase itself but requirement is a report to be generated using query builder. Is it possible to do this using query builder?

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.

I am searching for a comparison which just collects the difference, independent if structure or wt.part difference. Target is to generate a daily summary notification about the changes on several parts.

E.g. wt.part 1 has a change in classification attribute: Iteration 12: "yes" Iteration 13: "no"

wt.part 2 has a change in structure: New is wt.part 11.

Is something like this report feasable without generating an own comparison method?

Top Tags