cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

What is the logic behind data updating from ready to executing in Queueentry table

TDT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

What is the logic behind data updating from ready to executing in Queueentry table

When the object is sent for publishing and when its in ready queue.

In DB I have retrieved the results using the entrynumber from WVS Job Monitor.

We know that when job changes from ready to executing state, the entry number changes.

The problem comes here, When I compare the results for ready and executing entry, The entrynumber and Queueentry IDA2A2 is different.

But when checked UpdateCount the value got incremented to 2 from 1 when job state is changed to executing.

So then In OOTB, they must be updating the same ready entry value to executing, thats where the update count increments.

I need to understand how in OOTB when the job changes to executing, they were able to update the existing result?

I didnt find any common value/column which has same value when job changes from ready to executing.

2 REPLIES 2
jlecoz
13-Aquamarine
(To:TDT)

Here is an explanation on the visualization queues.

All Ready jobs are located PublisherQueueH, PublisherQueueM, and PublisherQueueL (HLM are customizable priority level set depending the action triggering the publication).

Then the worker will circle around the HML queues, taking one of each adding it in the PublisherQueue1. The job list in H queue being usually shorter these jobs will be processed before the M or L job are done.

The jobs will be processed by PublisherQueue1 for execution and to track completion, you may have more than one PublisherQueue queue to optimize the throughput.

This stucture is all done to optimize processing time and treat visualization jobs with proper priorities.

Hello @TDT,

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you answer your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags