cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

When I check in the part into Windchill, the link drawing is not collected

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

When I check in the part into Windchill, the link drawing is not collected

Hi Everyone,

When I check in the part into Windchill, the link drawing is not collected not only that only the part version has been changed.

I found one config that only I can use in the above Creo 8 version. But how we can use it in a lower version?

dm_custom_checkin_prompt set as Yes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amir

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

You need to use add to workspace function

If you use open in creo from common space, it does not work this way. 

You need to teach users to do so... Use "Add to workspace" instead of "Open in creo"

PetrH

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

hi Amir,

By default, Windchill will require that dependencies get checked in. So if you try to check in a drawing, Windchill will automatically collect the part/assembly for check in as well if it is checked out. 

If you do a custom check in, you can more easily see what Creo is doing, and manually collect the drawing if needed. Make sure both are saved to the Workspace for the collection to be able to pick it up.

joe_morton_0-1689015047422.png

Select the model, then click the Drawing icon to collect related drawings:

joe_morton_1-1689015094026.png

You can change the default collection preferences. 

Go to Quick Links > My settings > Preferences

Find the setting under:

Operation > CheckIn Operation > Collector > Include Related Drawings

Changing the setting here will update your personal preferences. That's probably what you'd want to do if you want Creo to always collect the related Drawing when you check in a model.

Thank you for the replay, Mr.Joe.

First, I create a CAD model then create a drawing, then use the same method to check In - Custom Check-In, but if I select the model automatically collected drawing is hidden.

Operation > CheckIn Operation > Collector > Include Related Drawings > there I set as all. Please find the below screenshots.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Amirtharaj_K 

Try to save the drawing before check in, I guess that the dependent drawing is not seen by Windchill in your workspace.

, or start the checkin on the drawing.

PetrH

Here are my steps:

S1: I create CAD data first, then I create a drawing with the same name & check in into Windchill.

S2: After I open the model directly through Creo, make some changes. Then using the custom check-in.

S3: There we can see that component is not collecting the drawing (dependent), then after I add the drawing into the workspace to check in it collected the drawing as you said.

S4: I want both the drawing & the part will be iterated, in this case only the part will be iterated because the draw is not check-out.

S5: So I am using the File/tools to check out the drawing in the file & I need both will be iterated at the same time, so I used the tools to check in the drawing also. 

Here I am using multiple steps to do that.

I want the dependents will collect automatically, as well as iterate with each other.

I found the one config, from the Creo end, that is only applicable in the latest versions 9 & 10. ["dm_custom_checkin_prompt" set as yes]. I hope this will make you more clear.

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

Unfortunately drawings do not work this way.

I understand what you would like to do.

You can set preference that collects drawing during add to workspace, if you add the model or check-out

HelesicPetr_1-1689062796319.png

HelesicPetr_2-1689062813521.png

,But system can not be configured that drawing would be updated automatically as you describe.

You always need to check-out and check-in drawing after model is changed.

PetrH

Can you tell me where exactly in preference management, because I found the same name in operation & workspace?  

So set it and try it.

HelesicPetr_0-1689070073800.png

PetrH

Thank you for this, but without adding the drw in the workspace, it's not collected automatically. I changed as you said in preference management.

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

You need to use add to workspace function

If you use open in creo from common space, it does not work this way. 

You need to teach users to do so... Use "Add to workspace" instead of "Open in creo"

PetrH

Thanks for your suggestion.

Announcements

Top Tags