cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

When are soft attributes copied/stored on save as?

crosato
1-Newbie

When are soft attributes copied/stored on save as?

I have an WTPart single value, soft attribute (UNSPSC) that was pushed to the prod system as read-only, temporarily, but the users wanted the default value populated when parts were created. Through the UI I couldn't find a way for this to happen. I set the default value in the type definition screen but it just kept going in as blank. As a temporary hack, I setup a simple validator in a POST_STORE event handler we were already using to do some validation on other soft attributes. Basically, if the UNSPSC was blank it would set the default value.

Everything was working fine until the other day, when a user did a Save As on a part. It basically took the existing UNSPSC value and appended the default again (comma separated), because at the POST_STORE event UNSPSC was blank.This then caused a problem, when the user went to modify the part. Since UNSPSC is supposed to be single value, but is now multi value, the text box is blank and the user can't checkin the part since there's multiple values.

What I'm trying to find, without much success so far, is where does the system copy the soft attributes on a save as? From everything I've gathered it's after POST_STORE.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags