cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

WinDU patch versions?

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

WinDU patch versions?

Hello,

When I'm reading about WinDU and WinRU and when I look at the download page for the patches for same, it talks about versions like "Windchill 6.2.6 . . ", "Windchill 7.0" and so forth.

What do these versions refer to?  I downloaded wnc.6.2.6.14_WINDU3.jar and 7.0-M0X0_WINDU5.zip.  The 7.0 zip had a read me that states that the patch should only be installed onto a "system running release 7.0 at datecode M0X0".

I'm looking to run this ahead of a 10.2 M010 to M030 update, and am using the "Update an Existing Installation" guide which says "Install the appropriate WinDU temp patch for your installation or upgrade"

How do you determine what WinDU patch is appropriate for your system?

Thank you.

Regards,

ML Starkey

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Invisigoth)

I believe since Windchill 10, that the latest WinDU and WinRU files are included with the distribution.

If you are on an earlier version (6,7,8,or 9.x), then you will need to find the appropriate files, download and install them.

Running WinDU is the same for all versions of Windchill. There some default selection filters depending on if you are doing a system check or an upgrade check.

WinDU is included OOTB in Windchill 10, though there are still WinDU patches for Windchill 10.0 and 10.1, which deliver fixes for the WinDU/WinRU tasks. However, there is no WinDU patch for Windchill 10.2 as WinDU fixes are now distributed through CPS releases.

Just so you're aware, WinDU is not mandatory for a service pack update (e.g. 10.2 M010 to M030). You can run WinDU if you'd like, but WinDU is only mandatory for major version upgrades (e.g. 10.2 to 11.0).

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

Thanks for the responses.  IMHO, this info should be included on the WinDU/WinRU download page

Top Tags