cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill 10.0 Promotion Request Improvements

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

Windchill 10.0 Promotion Request Improvements

The Promotion Request process in Windchill 10.0 has been enhanced to make it easer or more powerful than ever.

Some of the improvements include -

1. 50% reduction in steps in the process - less time for users to create a Promotion Request.
  2. Users can now add or paste additional items into the Promotion Request - not just collect. This gives users a huge boost in flexibility when adding data to a Promotion Request.
  3. The selection of Particpants and Workflow is simplified in one step.

To find out even more of What's New - Download the 10.0 Preproduction Release or grab the What's New Guide (Reference Documents in Support at http:\\www.ptc.com). The download information is at this posting:

Windchill 10.0 (C000) Pre-Production Now Available

Have a wonderful Holidays.

Here is a snapshot of the Promotion Request

12-22-2010 promotion 10.png

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Jeff...can a promotion request be sent back for rework? Today if it is rejected, the initiator must recreate a new request. In most cases, it would be nice if they could fix the issue with the original one that was rejected.

Sorry, no - there is still no provision for this (other than updating to latest iterations which we added in 9.1 - via workflow helper which can be used to tailor your workflow)

Hi Jeff,

I'm new to Windchill but I've been reading through various sections of the PDM User's guide, Business Admin guide, and System Admin guide, and I haven't been able to find an answer to this: the notification email that is sent during a promotion request appears to have a predefined message (under the activity tab if it's viewed in the workflow editor). For us, that predefined message has been less than helpful. Why doesn't the description of the promotion request appear in this email? Has this been changed in 10.0? We're currently using 9.1.

Thanks for your help!

Ben,

There has been no change in the notification from 9.1 to 10.0 - unless there were some base changes to the notification itself we made notifications for this.

Top Tags