cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windchill 10.1 M040 - Find Promotion Object and Attach to Email

bwilcox
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.1 M040 - Find Promotion Object and Attach to Email

I am wondering if it is possible to sort through the promotion objects attached to a promotion notice and then save one to a variable of some kind that will allow attachment on an email notification to a non-PDMLink user. I know that the attachment functionality doesn't work for email addresses tied to PDMLink users, but it is supposed to work for non-user email addresses; however, I do not want to send the primary content (PBO) or all secondary content -- just a particular type of document included within the promotion request.

I have the code to loop through the promotion items, but those are stored as java.lang.Object types, and you cannot have a workflow variable of that type.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Benjamin Wilcox – IntelliServ<sup>™</sup>

PPM & PDM Administrator

IntelliServ provides broadband networking and along-string
evaluation services for high-definition downhole and sub-surface operations
> Get the Facts.

2 REPLIES 2

See attached document

also you can refer below link if you are facing any issues to create variable to createjava.lang.Object in worklflow.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS16646

Hope this helps !!!

Thanks,

Shreyas

Hi Shreyas,

It is very good to list promatable in the notification. But, if you promote lots of file in a single promotion request, then this list is getting very complicated. Is there any way to list them as one file is written bold, following file is thin.. or can we list them cumulatively.

Thanks,

Serdar

Top Tags