cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Windchill 10.1 custom Javascript function not working

Rajesh_A
2-Guest

Windchill 10.1 custom Javascript function not working

Guys,

I understood that Windchill10 wizard pages are no more like Windchill9.x JCA pages.

But as per req, I need to work on following operation.

User enters the IBA attribute value in the CreatePart wizard and clicking on Finish. After that a javascript function should show the entered attribute value in the Javascript function - confirm dialogue box.

How this can be done...

5 REPLIES 5

In Reply to Rajesh R:

Guys,

I understood that Windchill10 wizard pages are no more like Windchill9.x JCA pages.

But as per req, I need to work on following operation.

User enters the IBA attribute value in the CreatePart wizard and clicking on Finish. After that a javascript function should show the entered attribute value in the Javascript function - confirm dialogue box.

How this can be done...

Please move to correct appropriate forum place, if current forum place is incorrect.

Thanks in advance...

Have you consulted the PTC JavaScript object and its documentation made
available by PTC or look at customizer's guide?

I looked into Customizer guide, it explained about classification attribute in the PartHelper.js file.

But I need to work on the IBA attribute, to show the value entered by user in the CreatePart wizard.

Can you please provide more info if you have...

Thanks...

hi,

for this kind of tasks I wrote a utility that uses aspectj to capture the output of any datautility, and insert extra
html (incl. arbitrary javascript) before/instead/after the component.
can alter the input, insert checks and e.g. create selects that change each others options.

one possible solution to this requirement 😉

hth, martin

Hi Rajesh

Override the submit() function and add the business logic.
refer ootb submit() javascript function in main.js file.

Top Tags