cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windchill 10 m030 - Rolling back revisions

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

Windchill 10 m030 - Rolling back revisions

To all who are now using Windchill 10.0,

We have recently migrated from Ilink 3.4 to Windchill 10. I have users who have revised objects by accident and have changed the revision to move forward a couple of revisions. Is there a way to roll these revisions back? In Ilink 3.4, I could checkout the object to workspace, then load in Pro/E session memory, then delete it from my workspace, then delete the unwanted revisions from the commonspace. I would then save in Pro/E and it would show as new in the workspace so I could reset the revision by using modify.

This does not work in Windchill 10, or honestly I may just not know how to get it done. I would appreciate any help someone could offer. Say one of you PTC Windchill guru type of poeple?

Thanks in advance,

Buddy Hudson

CAD/PDM Admin

Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions

4 REPLIES 4

Simply (generally as admin) delete the unwanted Revision(s).

I appreciate your simplicity, but there is a catch. The user wants to keep the changes in the latest version. Same answer anyone?

In that case, then yes: In Pro/E File, Backup to preserve all files on disk outside Windchill, then delete the unwanted Revisions in Windchill.

Still - to make any changes, one will have to Revise the existing data to begin work on the next Revision.

At any point, one can pull in files into Pro/E RAM from disk, then save to the workspace, overwriting any that have come from commonspace, then check in that work.

We've run into this too. Users have accidently hit the "Revise and Check out" button in Pro/E. What a total pain. It is REALLY stupid that a user, or at least an admin, can't simply rename the rev. I can't believe this, it should be a simple change. I have proposed creating a string parameter in Pro/E, and matching attribute in Windchill that would be our "rev". This way, as a string variable, We the User would have full control instead of the HAL9000 system.

Announcements

Top Tags