cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Active Users

clawson
1-Newbie

Windchill Active Users

Hello,

Which criteria should I select to see who are the active users in a report?

Thanks,
Craig

6 REPLIES 6
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:clawson)

There are a few ways you can accomplish this depending on your definition of "active":

1. If "active" means how much data has been touched by a user, you could create QueryBuilder reports for your key object types and search on "created by" field either for a specific user or in general.
  2. You could do option 1 and limit to the last month or so to get a picture or "recently active" users.
  3. From the server itself you could use DB queries to put counts of objects against users and rank their level of activity that way.
  4. Or, if "active" simply means who is currently logged in, there is an MBean you can launch with JConsole to give you the count and list of users logged in at that time.  Run periodically, say every 30 min over a week, would give some good raw data to produce a WC usage report.

My company is very experienced in all things WC, including configuration management (which includes reporting).  Feel free to reach out to me at robert.sindelar@eccellent.com if you have any other questions.

FMason
5-Regular Member
(To:bsindelar)

Hi there, I've used the JMConsole MBeans method to access a list of active users and this is a good option but do you know how this can be achieved via a command at the Linux commandline?

Just in case anyone wants the path for the mbeans, browse to

Active User List

com.ptc/Monitors/ActiveUsers/Attributes/ActiveUsers 

Double click the java.lang.string[n] in the value column to see the list of users who are currently logged on

Active User Count

com.ptc/Monitors/ActiveUsers/Attributes/ActiveUserCount

The number of active users is shown in the value column

Thanks

Hello Craig,

I use the below query to find out the users, who did not login in the last 90 days (which some companies term as inactive users)

SELECT

A0.userName C1C0,

TO_CHAR(MAX(A0.createStampA2),

'dd mm yyyy hh24:mi:ss') C1C1,

MAX(A0.createStampA2) TS_C1C1

FROM AuditRecord A0

WHERE (((A0.eventLabel = 'Login') AND (A0.createStampA2 <= (SYSDATE)-(90))))

GROUP BY A0.userName

ORDER BY TS_C1C1 DESC;

A lot of useful information on this has been mentioned by Mike LockwoodBen Perry  and Lori Sood in Re: DOES ANYONE KNOWS QUERY TO CHECK LAST LOGIN OF A USER(INACTIVE).

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiler

Reminder - the auditrecord table only has this info if you have configAudit.xml configured to include the "login" event.

Can get to same from Site, Util.

Can also create a quick and easy query builder report for same that can be provided to all users, either within Windchill or as an external link.

note: OTB, configAudit.xml has enabled only 3 events: Login, Logout (which never made sense to me) and "container_login" (access to a context).

Hi Criag,

Were you able to get a report using the method suggested by Binesh. If so, could you please mark the answer as correct .

Regards,

Bhushan

Nehe,

I got the report but it shows some users haven't logged in a while and they logged in yesterday.

Thanks,
Craig

Top Tags