cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill Client Packaging for WS/JNLP/remote deployment - how to?

MartyRoss
1-Newbie

Windchill Client Packaging for WS/JNLP/remote deployment - how to?

I've read the sections about "logical jars" and "managing client" jars (e.g., the discussion about using the Ant targets in "MakeJar.xml") in the "Windchill Customizer's Guide", but it seems like an overlysteep learning curve for what I'm trying to do.

I've got a simple Swing application I'd like to deploy to users that don't have a filesystem connection to "codebase" - perhaps using Java WebStart via JNLP - and just want a way to find and/or bundle up the minimum set of WC resources needed for my app so that they can be downloaded at runtime.

Is there an easy way (for the non-guru WC developer) to achieve this? Can anyone supply an example, complete with buildfile and/or instructions? Or, maybe there's another documentation resource I should consult?

I've thought about using a custom classloader to get the needed resources from the "codebase" URL, but that'd be very slow without the bundling, and I (as of yet) haven't figured out a way to know which libraries in codebase have what I need in an algorithmic way...

Thanks for any leads,

-- Marty

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags