cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill Embedded Browser

CR_9888056
8-Gravel

Windchill Embedded Browser

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Windchill still uses Internet Explorer for its default embedded browser? Last I checked, IE is more or less obsolete with limited support. I know you can change the browser, but just thought it was strange IE is still the default.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"What is PTC's future plan to support Windchill on Microsoft edge browser?": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS346968

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

"What is PTC's future plan to support Windchill on Microsoft edge browser?": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS346968

Creo is switching the default embedded browser to Chromium in Creo 7.0.7.0 and Creo 8.0.3.0 - CS356984 - Default browser in Creo Parametric changed to Chromium. It looks like IE won't be an option in Creo 9.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Glad to hear PTC will finally be moving on to a different default browser.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:CR_9888056)

We ran into some issues with the Chrome internal browser so I hope they fix them by then.  However, I do not remember issues.  I believe they were not show-stoppers but they were close.

I some of the issues were scale and zoom related that needed manual fixing and then reset after restarting Creo.  I think there were some other display issues too.  This is all on Creo 4 and both WC11 and WC12.  Hopefully, chrome will behave better for us when on Creo7.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Although inevitable, I will miss IE for the primary reason of ease of highlighting (CTRL+LMB highlights an entire field) and copy/pasting.  There seems to be an extraordinary necessity with PDMLink to copy/paste field info and the triple-click in modern browsers is not as fast, does not highlight the same, and pastes with horrible formatting (e.g. when copy/paste fields with hyperlinks to an email, they paste inside a separate line cell table!).  If anyone has found a better workaround to ease of highlighting/copying/pasting in modern browsers please let me know.  I have been testing the workaround below but not ideal

Partial workaround:

Testing using Link copier extension (GLH Utils - Link Copier - Chrome Web Store (google.com)) seems to work well for copying/pasting links but doesn't help with other field info...and is an extension so far from ideal.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags