cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill Error The Server Properties could not be retrieved.

ptc-478260
1-Newbie

Windchill Error The Server Properties could not be retrieved.

We are running Creo 2 M050 with Windchill Intralink 10 M020. Windchill is supported by a single application server and a single MS SQL server (Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, SQL Server 2008 R2, running on VMWare). We have authentication integrated with Active Directory.

We havejust switched from HTTP to HTTPS, I used a certificate from our internal root CA and it is trusted by our users browsers (IE8) and I did import the certificate and certificate chain into Java and apache is configured for SSL.

Initially things were ok but about halfway through the dayusersbegan to see the message "The Server Properties could not be retrieved." appear in the embeded browser. When this occured the Method server log was logging messages similar to:

ERROR [TP-Processor13] com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.proesrv.rrc.RequestResultCache bob123 - UwgmObjectFactory.setLifeCycleInfo :: Cannot obtain lifecycle information
wt.util.WTException: The Server Properties could not be retrieved.

I restarted the Windchill service and that seemed to resolve the error for the time being, but I am concerned it will come back and restarting the service periodically is not an acceptible solution.

The only PTC article I've found that references this message indicates we should disable IPv6, this is already done on the server. I've also verified our httpd.conf has KeepAliveTimeout set to 120 and Timeout set to 900.

Has anyone had similar problems? Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

We have faced this issue once and fixed it by importing the certificate to
java key store.
*keytool -import -keystore <jdk_install_dir>/jre/lib/security/jssecacerts
-file <your_exported_certificate_file>*

Thanks! I thought I had already done this but decided to drop the jsscacerts file and recreate it/import in the certificate again. So far so good, no errors since performing this action. Keeping fingers crossed that that was all it was!
Thanks!

Ian Bagnald | Sr. System Support Analyst
Moog Inc.
Components Group
Halifax Operation

77 Frazee Ave.
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Canada, B3B 1Z4
Top Tags