cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill Liscense and Auditing

vmhala

Windchill Liscense and Auditing

Hi Windchillers,

Need your help for Windchill license compliance. I have developed custom report which list's out the last logins of the users from DB's Audit records. This is a query builder report. The aim is to disable all users who have not logged in to Windchill since last 6 months.

However i have noticed that if i dump a report of Groups (in DS) and the users in this groups (from AD) into an excel; there are  many users listed there which have been disabled in AD. Note that they are not disabled in Windchill but disabled in AD

QUESTION 1) . A login event is not generated by such users but notifications are being sent to them ; they being part of some group. Do such members consume Windchill License ?

QUESTION 2) How do you classify the audited user list as in 4 distinct roles, (Heavy user, Light user, View & Print user and External user) ? Windchill is licensed as per these roles.

QUESTION 3) How to best generate the compliance report and optimize license compliance ? What process do you follow to maintain accurate Windchill role count ?

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Polls

Windchill Customers

What browser do you most commonly use? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Other)

1 REPLY 1

Re: Windchill Liscense and Auditing

This is my understanding

QUESTION 1) . A login event is not generated by such users but notifications are being sent to them ; they being part of some group. Do such members consume Windchill License ?

Yes, they do. If you have an active user in WTUser table, it is a license.

QUESTION 2) How do you classify the audited user list as in 4 distinct roles, (Heavy user, Light user, View & Print user and External user) ? Windchill is licensed as per these roles.

I am not able to make a sense of some of the definitions, but you can Refer to  https://support.ptc.com/support/customer_agreements/basis_files/jan-11/Licensing-Basis-en.pdf

QUESTION 3) How to best generate the compliance report and optimize license compliance ? What process do you follow to maintain accurate Windchill role count ?

Disable/Delete inactive/unused Windchill accounts. If you can't delete, put them in a group called inactive and deny the access from webserver.

Announcements
Learn more about how we are using our browser poll here

Polls

Windchill Customers

What browser do you most commonly use? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Other)