cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Loading Wheel Spins Forever -- Creo Embedded Browser

nebraska-engr
8-Gravel

Windchill Loading Wheel Spins Forever -- Creo Embedded Browser

Previous posts are getting marked as spam? Seems PTC doesn't want the word out that their programs don't work. Oh well, here we go again! Third time at trying to post this. All I'm looking for is help, guys!

I am running Creo 5.0.4.0 with Windchill 11.1 on Windows 10.1 This issue was first discovered while I was running Creo 5.0.0.0 on Windows 10.1. After upgrading to Creo 5.0.4.0, the issue was fixed for about a week. Since then, the issue has come back and I cannot check-in through the embedded Windchill browser on Creo.

I have run into an issue where I am unable to check-in, revise, or set state of files when the operation is done from my workspace or Windchill Commonspace. However, I am able to check-in by opening parts in Creo, and using the manual File>Check-in option.

At first I thought it was just being slow. I let it sit over the weekend and the loading wheel never stopped. It seems like the embedded browser is getting "stuck" after I click the check-in button on the embedded browser.

So far, I have tried the following:

* Changed my browser option from internet_explorer to chromium, and back

* Opened a PTC support case

* Cleared/Delete cache files

* Uninstalled Creo, completed fresh install

* Cleared/Deleted appdata in %appdata%/local/PTC and %appdata%/Roaming/PTC on the PC

None of these attempts have solved the issue. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Edit: I've been told this issue is being called the Rotanus of Death. *dun dun dunnn...*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Issue seems to be caused by a faulty config.pro file.

We created another temporary directory for the debugging logs that were requested by PTC support. Only this time, we did not copy over the config.pro file that existed in the original working directory. When we tried to reproduce the error, the issue did not occur.

In order to verify that config.pro was the source of the error, we added it to the new temporary directory and the issue returned. We removed config.pro and the issue was again fixed.

When we create new users and install Creo on new devices, we typically copy an existing config.pro and copy it to the new machine. We printed out the config.pro that I use and the one used by mstrahl, and they appeared to be identical. I am still using the same config.pro file with no issues, while mstrahl’s config.pro file seems to be the root cause of the problem.

Does anyone here know how or if a config.pro file can become corrupted?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

@nebraska-engr 

I know Win 10 has played havoc with our  Workgroup Manger for Inventor.  Are you using OneDrive?  If so, you might want to turn off it's folder sharing feature, that seems to have helped us.

Good luck, though, that sounds very frustrating.

James

We are using OneDrive, but not for our Windchill files. Our Windchill server is hosted on a virtual server independent of OneDrive.

Hm... well maybe it has nothing to do with your setup, but we found that OneDrive screwed up our local workspaces. This fixed that particular problem, though again, maybe not yours. 

Cause

1. OneDrive activated

Resolution

1. Turn off the "Files on Demand" feature in OneDrive settings
  2. Reboot the client
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:JHall)

I have the same problem with some of my users.  We are on Windows 10, we do have OneDrive and we are running Creo 4.0 M050/M090 on PDMLink 11.0 M030.

I took a look at that setting.  When I uncheck that box a message displays saying "All OneDrive files and folders will download to this PC."  That means some of our users drives may fill up.

@JHall Did you have your PTC directory on OneDrive or is that on your C drive?

To me that is not a solution.  Maybe a temp work-around.  I have a call in to PTC as well and we are sending them log files.  the problem I run into is this doesn't happen to all my users.  Another variable is the issue doesn't happen for a user then all of a sudden it does.  Very frustrating.

Both working directory and workspace are stored locally on the machine, C:// drive.

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:STEVEG)

@STEVEG 

The PTC directory is on our C:\ drive.  What I consider a normal installation. 

OneDrive is 'out there' where ever the heck it is on the cloud. 

The problem is, it seems to reach into our local drives and do some sharing that PTC doesn't like.

Hi, did you check your browser version? See matrix from PTC.
regards

Try the same with another browser? we based?

From my original post:

So far, I have tried the following:

* Changed my browser option from internet_explorer to chromium, and back

* Opened a PTC support case

* Cleared/Delete cache files

* Uninstalled Creo, completed fresh install

* Cleared/Deleted appdata in %appdata%/local/PTC and %appdata%/Roaming/PTC on the PC

All of us use IE 11.

I also checked one of the users that has the problem.  He has OneDrive installed but he never logged in to it to get connected.  So for us it couldn't be OneDrive.

Even in external browser also the workspace takes lot of time to load. I have around 3000 parts in my workspace.

Issue seems to be caused by a faulty config.pro file.

We created another temporary directory for the debugging logs that were requested by PTC support. Only this time, we did not copy over the config.pro file that existed in the original working directory. When we tried to reproduce the error, the issue did not occur.

In order to verify that config.pro was the source of the error, we added it to the new temporary directory and the issue returned. We removed config.pro and the issue was again fixed.

When we create new users and install Creo on new devices, we typically copy an existing config.pro and copy it to the new machine. We printed out the config.pro that I use and the one used by mstrahl, and they appeared to be identical. I am still using the same config.pro file with no issues, while mstrahl’s config.pro file seems to be the root cause of the problem.

Does anyone here know how or if a config.pro file can become corrupted?

It's probably not corrupted.  There is just a line in there that is causing the issue.

I suggest removing a few lines at a time and test it.  Eventually you should find what is the problem.

Top Tags