cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill Manage Security

ptc-3600875
1-Newbie

Windchill Manage Security

As the program manager do I have the ability to enable the security settings for the team? I see where the project administator can update the preferences to change these security settings but I do not know if I have that abiltiy. I wish to be able to manage the security for some of the folders for the team but cannot figure out how to change this setting.

3 REPLIES 3

In the Project Team page, select the Members by Role view, then access via the Configure Actions for Roles tool. You will have a checkbox for each Role for each Action that can be configured.

As project manager I have Manage Security control. I am trying to change persmissions for 1 specfic folder for a team role. I select the folder and click manage security but I cannot change some of the security items for some team roles. For my example I created a folder named "Woody Flowers Award" and want to give read/write access only to the Team Members. Specifily I want to remove permission from the Mentors role for this folder only. When I try to Manage Security for the Mentors for this specific folder, the check marks are greyed out. How do I get access to those greyed out areas for this specific folder?

This ACL I believe is present in every Project when creating from the OTB project Template: WTObject, All states, Team Members, Create. "Team Members" is all Roles except Guest and Project Manager. This applies to the root folder of the project. Probably have to remove this, then create needed permissions at lower folders.

Probably would be worth making a test project and removing all ACL's from it, then playing with the effect of adding each back in.

Top Tags