cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Windchill Quality Solutions - Use of SQL queries within FRACAS module.

ptc-3799428
1-Newbie

Windchill Quality Solutions - Use of SQL queries within FRACAS module.

PROBLEM: How to use SQL queries within the Windchill Quality Solutions product? (I'm working with v.10.0 running on SQL Server 2008.)

SITUATION: Am tasked to create reports and graphs of some fairly simple data. I find it difficult to achieve within the WQS Reporting/Graphing structure. Example: Report Incidents that are not Closed but that are: a. Less than 30 days old. b. Between 31 and 60 days old. c. Older than 61 days. Create Graph of same. Should be easy, but is not.

SOLUTION SO FAR: Go outside the WQS application and run queries on the SQL Server database.

Am curious as to why PTC did not build the ability to do SQL queries into the application. Or, perhaps I just cannot find where to plug in the queries.

Any comments or suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Did you solve this problem?

We plan to migrate / copy PDMLink using SQL Server.

Some steps in the Windchill Rehosting Guide run the following SQL command:
Update Repository set lastKnownDomain = '<target_hostname> .target_domainname>' where local = 1;
SQL Server displays the error "Invalid object for the Repository".

I think, if you work around this problem and use PDMLink and SQL queries in SQL Server, we may be able to migrate / copy PDMLink using SQL Server.

If the issue is resolved, can you share it please?

Thanks

Warm Regards,

SeonHo

Top Tags