cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill REST API

mohitenw
11-Garnet

Windchill REST API

Dear all,

I need to know about is there REST API available for below mentioned scenario : 

1. Can we retrieve as stored configuration of EPM Document?

2. Can we download content of EPM Document iteration which is non latest?

Can anyone please help me out to find REST API?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DmitryC
12-Amethyst
(To:mohitenw)

Hi,

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. Keep in mind that you can not download the actual CAD document through the REST API:

DmitryC_0-1584318552737.png

You CAN navigate the CAD assembly structure and apply different ConfigSpec (including 'As-Stored') filters. I haven't tried it, but, in theory, it should return the actually used iteration at the time of check-in.

It seems that you can not get a non-latest iteration in the initial queries (when you look up a document by number, for example: /Windchill/servlet/odata/CADDocumentMgmt/CADDocuments?$filter=Number%20eq%20%27TestNumber.prt%27), but there might be workarounds. You may try accessing them (non-latest iterations) by OR directly, or look for them using the SavedSearch odata domain.

Kind regards,

Dmitry.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DmitryC
12-Amethyst
(To:mohitenw)

Hi,

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. Keep in mind that you can not download the actual CAD document through the REST API:

DmitryC_0-1584318552737.png

You CAN navigate the CAD assembly structure and apply different ConfigSpec (including 'As-Stored') filters. I haven't tried it, but, in theory, it should return the actually used iteration at the time of check-in.

It seems that you can not get a non-latest iteration in the initial queries (when you look up a document by number, for example: /Windchill/servlet/odata/CADDocumentMgmt/CADDocuments?$filter=Number%20eq%20%27TestNumber.prt%27), but there might be workarounds. You may try accessing them (non-latest iterations) by OR directly, or look for them using the SavedSearch odata domain.

Kind regards,

Dmitry.

Thanks.

Top Tags