cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Visualisation Job Queue Visability

RME_DH
11-Garnet

Windchill Visualisation Job Queue Visability

Hi All,

We would love to be able to have a visual on the status and qty of jobs in the WVS queue, and wondering if anyone has ideas on how we could solve our requirement.

Can the queue/job monitor information be queried or output in anyway?   Is it possible to push this to thingworx dashboard or mashup somehow?  any 3rd party tools out there that does this?

Any ideas that can give us some leads to pursue would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:RME_DH)

Did you try using the Query Builder?

The image below is a query I built to show the status of all publishing jobs.

Can certainly add more info.  I included the log that you'd see in the WVS Job Monitor for each job.  Probably over kill but interesting to know it's doable.

d_graham_0-1626455488304.png

David

d_graham
17-Peridot

I made this with the Query Builder and also added an action under the Quick Links drop-down menu to the report easy to access.

Not sure which status you are referring to but I've included both of them.

I also included the WVS log just to see what that would look like.  Might be over kill but good to know it's doable.

d_graham_0-1626530236359.png

If you are looking for a count of Job Failed and Job Successful that too should be doable.

I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for but anything should be doable in Query Builder.

David

RME_DH
11-Garnet
(To:d_graham)

Thanks David,  that certainly looks like it has promise.  Unfortunately my experience with reports is somewhat lacking.  I searched through the list of tables but couldn't find anything that stood out for me related to visualisation/wvs/job etc.   Can you give a clue to what tables are to do with the information above.

Ideally, we would like to have the user see where their jobs falls within the entire queue,   i.e.  if there is a currently, 300 jobs, and I submit a rep job, I am now at position 301.  But if the user looks up their job monitor, they have 1 job at position 1.  it sets the expectation that the visual will be available soon, but in reality, it could be several hours away.

Of course at site level, we can see the entire queue, but the users cannot.

d_graham
17-Peridot

I see.

So, the real problem is how to get the users to see where there waiting jobs are in the line. AKA "Position" in the WVS Job Monitor. Correct?

David

RME_DH
11-Garnet

Hi David,   Apologies, I was not clear.   You are 100% correct, it is 'position' that we are after, from the site level overall position

You can vote for this idea https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/Gather-a-report-from-WVS-job-monitor/idi-p/457493 and take a look at the comment written by other users with some suggestions on how to get information from WVS queue

Marco

Thankyou for the heads up Marco,   I have voted and looking through the information posted there.  That combined with David's information above gives me some better insight to how it all works.

Regards

Daniel

d_graham
17-Peridot

Daniel,

Now that I know exactly what you're looking for I was able to add some code to calculate the "Position".

FYI, "Position" is not stored in the dB.  It's calculated from data in the dB.

Seems to work well.  See the image below.

d_graham_1-1626790942003.png

David

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

@d_graham  What table(s) are you using in your report?  I tried a few years ago but never could get that info.  Then I saw that article from PTC stating it can't be retrieved so I stopped looking.

d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:STEVEG)

@STEVEG,

I'm using just one table, QUEUEENTRY.

David

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Nothing comes up for any of those entries.

Steve,

I've tried to build a report using QUEUEENTRY table and get some result.

Are you working on a test system?

Maybe there are no entry for above reason.

Try to change the time span in which the search is performed.

Marco_Tosin_0-1627306680096.png

Marco

Hi @Marco_Tosin 

It looks like there needs to be some java programming involved and I don't know java.

At this point it is only for my use.  Nobody has asked for that info.

Hi Steve,

I don't program in Java either.

What you see is done with basic query builder options.

Marco

I am on my production server.  Not test.  So there should be something that comes back.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Ok,

so how EXACTLY do you pull that e.g. "Representable" column data showing the EPMDocument number as well as other data looking like in Job Monitor from QUEUEENTRY using just Query Builder?

Query Builder for Dummies needed  😳

Top Tags