cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windchill Workgroup Manager Unstable

TL_9757247
1-Newbie

Windchill Workgroup Manager Unstable

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.2 and Datecode with CPS 11.2.1.8

getting an error message saying Windchill workgroup manager has become unstable. Tried to unregister the previous application but this message persists. did an uninstall, removed wgm folder from c:\programdata\ptc\wgm folder and reinstalled WGM 11.2.1.8 but when the normal user runs the program they get this message. If i run this program with my admin account, i do not get the error. It seems this comes up with a different user account only. I tried reviewing Article - CS218844 and Article - CS228538 had a good suggestion but i recieve a different DLL error. Tried to run regasm.exe /u "C:\Program Files\PTC\wgm\x86e_win64\obj\sw2019adapter_clnt.dll" but that did not work. Any other ideas

3 REPLIES 3

Most WGM errors I have run into with SW have to do to the SW cache files in the WGM folder.

You mentioned the error does not occur with an admin account. Is the user not an admin on the machine? Maybe they don't have edit permissions in all the required directories? Just a guess. You might try changing the install path.

Hello,  yes the user is not an Admin. As the local admin I can shift-right click and run as different user and use the admin to not get the prompt. After some research it seems the program installation was not configured correctly with the right CAD components and the easiest solution was to manually uninstall all related files and registry settings, then reinstall again with the correct XML settings. This was a version that is now out of date. thanks for the time! 

Announcements

Top Tags