cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windchill not starting after cloning..

kc-2
5-Regular Member

Windchill not starting after cloning..

Hi,

I trying to clone my production server for that i did the followed steps,

1. Copy the Windchill installation and third party product at the same directory structure from the source machine to the target machine (windchill and Apache directory)
  2. Install oracle on the new machine
  3. Run the PSI on the target machine and install java , WindchillDS and OCU
  4. Import the Production database dump on the New machine’s DB
  5. Import the LDAP to the Windchill DS on the New machine
  6. If database is installed on the Production machine then no need to make any changes in db.properties file, else update “wt.pom.jdbc.host=<target host name>” in db.properties file of the target machine.

After completed the above steps i tried to start the windchill, but its not started. Herewith i attached the MS log file.

whether i followed the correct steps or anyone please suggest me the correct steps for that.

Waiting for your valuable reply!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:kc-2)

There are a bunch of properties files and database entries that need to be changed.  The only PTC supported method is to run the rehosting tool.  Everything you did so far is fine, you just need to add that as step 6.

kc-2
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Thanks for your reply. In my case i have both source and target server has same host name. So i didn't change any properties in target system.

Whether i need to run a Re-host utility??

Can you explain little bit more. Am new to Rehosting!!!!

If you have any document kindly share to me if possible....

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Sorry for the delay.  If the host name did not change, and the file paths did not change, then you shouldn't need to run the rehosting tool.  Looking at the method server log, it is complaining about a domain name not being properly defined in one of the properties files.  Are you sure you have an exact copy of the entire Windchill directory on the source system?  Might be worth repeating step 1.

kc-2
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I just repeated the steps again. now its working fine.

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine
Top Tags