cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Windchill vs competition

cc-2
6-Contributor

Windchill vs competition

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if any one of you have benchmarked Windchill against Teamcenter and/or PLM360 from Autodesk.

I know that there are many aspects to consider and what can be good for one company may not be suitable for another one. However, as I have worked with Windchill for over 8 years now, I would like to stay with this software in my new company and therefore try to ensure we select Windchill.

We will soon consider those 3 solutions. So if you have (not too old) information about those software and why Windchill is better this will help my case 😉

So far we have Inventor with Vault

Thanks a lot

Best regards

65 REPLIES 65
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

The first half of this Aras PDF sounds word for word like what was presented at PTC Live Global this year.  When you have some time, listen to the three presentations below.  PTC's direction with Windchill is very similar - managing millions of unique serialized instances of a cad model tied back to a physical model through sensors.

PTC Live Global Keynotes

PTC Live Global Keynotes

PTC Live Global Keynotes

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Makes sense that with Flash exploits released every day that PTC still uses Flash.

Hi David,

where does this comment apply into this discussion.

You lost me.

Best regards

PTC Live Global Keynotes link to Flash.

OK Thank you David

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine
(To:cc-2)

Hi folks,

I would like to add my success story with PTC Windchill implementation too in this post.

I was implemented the PTC Windchill and PTC Creo solutions for a lot of companies, in the Slovakia and in the UK. I have more than 8 years experienced with PTC Windchill - I worked as Application Engineer for PTC products in Slovakia and UK (for more info: check my LinkedIn profile: Vladimir Palffy | LinkedIn - or check my web: 4K Side

I have choose the Windchill implementation for Slovak company EKOM: the company with a great deal of experience in the development and production of medical equipment. The company’s name is derived from their main product, ecological compressors, abbreviated as – EKOM

This succeed story was described many time in the magazine or on the internet:

With PTC Creo and PTC Windchill together, EKOM has improved efficiencies during development, reduced errors in manufacturing and assembly, become more flexible with partners, organized its data, and smoothly managed change throughout the organization.

“Implementing PTC Windchill and PTC Creo helped us to progressively improve product design processes within the organization with no impact on product quality and with lower costs,” says Marian Ondrasik, purchasing and IT manager.

For more information read this article: PTC Creo - EKOM Makes Dental Work Faster and Cleaner with PTC

Have a nice day with PTC - PLM solutions >> with PTC Windchill

Best Regards,

vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags