cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill with Creo2 config.pro issue

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Windchill with Creo2 config.pro issue

We're having an issue with a startup script our IT staff has written for Creo2. When Creo2 is started, the script copies down a network config.pro file (from a network drive), and loads it for the current session. What is odd, is that this config.pro file shows as being active in the current session, but the settings for start_model_dir does not work. When you create a new part/assembly, is still defaults to the default Creo parts. As you know, If I change the settings manually in the local config.pro (in the start dir) is works fine. The IT staff were hoping to automate the start up scripts so that all users pull the same config.pro, and we're all pointing to the right start parts and assemblies. This was set up at a previous employer, and was a good way to roll out config changes without having to modify each workstation locally. Upon some prodding, the IT folks were kind enough to give it a shot, but it seems they are experiencing some difficulties.

My appologies if I'm not describing the issue correctly or have missed information. Our IT staff are just a bit perplexed, and I'm hoping that some one in the community could shed some light on this.

Creo2, M070

Windchill 10.1, M040

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So, we figured it out. Apparently, the "name" we assign our WC server has to match the name in the wtpub path in the config option, otherwise it will not reconcile. We renamed the server and the script now works. Very odd, but it did the trick.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PatrickBrulot
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeMarcoux)

Hi Mike,

I guess there is something wrong in the startup script, or the config.pro settings are overwritten by a config.pro in the startup directory. If you send me the startup script, I can have a look at it. p.brulot@brulotsolutions.com

I usually copy the company standard config.pro to the Creo loadpoint (%install dir%\parametric\bin).

Patrick

Thanks Patrick,

I'll see if I can get some one from IT to send you a copy of the script.

Mike

So, we figured it out. Apparently, the "name" we assign our WC server has to match the name in the wtpub path in the config option, otherwise it will not reconcile. We renamed the server and the script now works. Very odd, but it did the trick.

Top Tags