cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

WindchillDS Error After Restoring Production Data to Test Windchill Server

borourke
10-Marble

WindchillDS Error After Restoring Production Data to Test Windchill Server

After restoring the production Oracle database to a dev/test server, I used to take the ou=people node from the production Ldap, delete the same node on the dev/test Ldap, and do an import with the Append box checked. Now that the Append function has been removed, I followed the new solution where I exported the dev/test Ldap to a copy of the production Ldap, then imported the merged Ldap to the dev/test Ldap. The error about the nodes not being unique is being caused by the merged Ldap. Not sure how to handle this merged situation. This is the error when I start the MethodServer:

Nested exception is: wt.util.WTException: (wt.federation.PrincipalManager.PrincipalManagerResource/CONFIG_ERROR_SEARCH_BASE_NOT_UNIQUE) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Info*Engine configuration error - Directory Service Search Base "ou=people,dc=nasa,dc=gov" is not unique. Following JNDI adapter configurations were found with this same value for search base: "gov.nasa.ndc.EnterpriseLdap", and "gov.nasa.ndc.EnterpriseLdap". Specify a unique search base for each adapter or contact your system administrator.
Nested exception is: (wt.federation.PrincipalManager.PrincipalManagerResource/CONFIG_ERROR_SEARCH_BASE_NOT_UNIQUE) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Info*Engine configuration error - Directory Service Search Base "ou=people,dc=nasa,dc=gov" is not unique. Following JNDI adapter configurations were found with this same value for search base: "gov.nasa.ndc.EnterpriseLdap", and "gov.nasa.ndc.EnterpriseLdap". Specify a unique search base for each adapter or contact your system administrator.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags